SonoreUPnP Bridge (beta)

Naim not adopting RAAT would stop me ever buying them. I wonder if they appreciate this.

Iā€™m Sure they have a better chance of a appreciating this if you post on the Naim forum !

.sjb

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Thanks again to @Jesus_Rodriguez for the updates and great news that he is looking at Naim next. Iā€™m a Naim user and running Sonic Orbiter 1.04. Iā€™m not upgrading the software until a fix for Naim is available. In the interim I have a ā€œRoughā€ work round for the last track of an album or playlist stopping 20-30 seconds before the end. I have produced an album of silence with all formats 16/44.1 (Tidal) 16/48, 16/96, 24/44.1, 24/48, 24/88.2, 24/96 and 24/192. When I play an album I add whichever bit/sample rate to the play queue and this sorts the problem out for me. The only problem that cannot be fixed at the moment using this method is playlists containing different sample rates, but I very rarely do this and tend to listen to albums from start to finish or single tracks.

Hereā€™s the Dropbox link to access the files 0 Silence Album

All the best,

Mark

1 Like

Update:

SonoreUPnP Bridge 1.0.8 was released today. Please update the unit and continue testing with it.

This update contains additional Naim fixes.

SONORE computer audio - Rendu | microRendu | Sonicorbiter SE

1 Like

Usage notes:

1. Naim users: both Wav and PCM should work. PCM is recommended so please test with it.
  2. All other users please use WAV.

2 Likes

Hi Jesus,

Testing my Naim right now and so far working perfectly. Will report back during tomorrow when I can have a longer test evening. First time Iā€™ve been able to use the LPCM setting. Should I always use this setting over WAV?

Well done, so far, so good.

Yippee!!

Mark

1 Like

The last couple of updates have been incremental fixes for Linn and Naim and based on using Roon as the server. This has come at the expense of LMS support. Iā€™m going to pull support for LMS as a server in the product description. It will still work with some devices, but the main focus going forward will be with Roon as the server.

Just FYI, in my (Linn) setup, UPnP Bridge still seems to be working fine with Roon 1.3. I was a bit worried that the upgrade might require further tweaking, but no problems so far.

Too bad its not working for Oppo.
Now it would be fun with the multichannel possibilities Roon offers and Oppo could outputā€¦

The Oppo does not act as a renderer when controlled by third party apps. These might only work with their own controllers and or by accessing files directly from a DLNA/UPnP server.

Special Note:

I just streamed from Room to my Apple TV. The Apply TV is connected to my Sony TV via HDMI cable. This ā€œshouldā€ work via HDMI into any TV, receiver and or processor.

Pre-requisites:

1. Install 8Player on the Apply TV and enable it as a Renderer.
  2. Install BubbleUPnP Server on SonicOrbiter and make 8Player an OpenHome Renderer.
  3. From Settings / SonoreUPnP Server select 8Player (OpenHome), select WAV, and press save.

Please test in stereo and multichannel.

still having problems with upnp bridge and kilmax dsm through apple wifi router + powerline cables to the microrendu
1.08 release works initially then seems to run through all the tracks quickly until the end of a playlist - then need to reboot for all to work again
not sure if its my overall system as I note that this release seems to be OK with other linn players
ā€¦any thoughts

Actually, when I posted that it was working fine for me, I was still using version 1.06. Since upgrading to 1.08, Iā€™m suffering similar symptoms. Iā€™m not sure if the problem is really 1.08 or something else, since a few variables changed at the same time (e.g., OS X upgrade on the computer running Roon Core).

any Naim users this is working seamlessly for?

Perhaps you can chime in here if youā€™re on the Naim forum?

l donā€™t want to give an erroneous information on the thread.

.sjb

Yes, I can do that now.
But I have to switch to some ā€œbetaā€ oppo controller.
Would be fun if Sonore could do that in future.
I am still a very happy user of your products.
Great work!

LINN Klimax DS. Last night i had finally by removing a router and UTP cable a stable system today with 1.09 itā€™s back to frustration. It starts skipping from different Khz so From 44 to 96 from 96 to 192 etc.
Please bring back 1.08 or 1.06 many thanks.

If itā€™s proprietary itā€™s out of our reach to interface with it.

We found something interesting in Roon 1.3 that we want to try. However, itā€™s going to take a week or so. Hang in thereā€¦

thanks for your feedback

@Jesus_Rodriguez - 3 hours testing v1.09 this evening on Naim UQ2 and looking good so far.

I have played Tidal tracks, NAS tracks, whole albums, playlists, mixed bit/sample rates from 16/44.1 up to 192/24, with some DSF files thrown in for good measure. I have not experienced a single drop out or skip ahead or playback stopping before the end of the last track. This is great news, many thanks Jesus.

In terms of settingsā€¦ Bridge settings: Max sample rate set to 96khz with LPCM as the output format.
In Roon, I had to make sure that FLAC compression was disabled (it defaulted to enabled) or I couldnā€™t get any playback at all.

For completeness I will test what happens with WAV setting over the weekend.

Just realised I did not check gapless playback, so will test this as well
Regards
Nick