SonoreUPnP Bridge (beta)

OK, so now tested WAV and gapless playback - no problems to report!

I have left it playing in the background using Roon’s radio feature, so I will see if it stops at all over the next several hours

1 Like

Dear Jesus,

Some further testing with the Klimax DS/1
System is pretty stable with the following settings.
Settings=>audio=>squeezebox
Device settings Flac must be turned off

DSP settings Headroom enable -1DB
Show clipping indicator yes

Sample rate conversion enable
44=>96Khz
48=>96kHz
88,2=>176kHz
96kHz=>176kHz
176kHz=>192khz

moving the indicator of track skip to parts of the song.
Will result in the next song skipping after the song ends
Sonic orbitor needs as result a reset

Without skipping /radio on its playing for on hour
With tidal and own music with different sample rates
and the above mentioned sample conversions.

cheered to early transfers from one song to another with different kHz still results in skipping songs.
Only tidal songs works fine since its all the same kHz

Hello Jesus,

was running UPnP Bridge Version 1.0.6 with ROON 1.2 and everything was fine; upgraded to ROON 1.3 and it doesn’t work any more, when starting an album it jumps from song to song but doesn’t play anything, the red vertical bar at the bottom of ROON does not move, upgraded to UPnP bridge 1.0.9 but that doesn’t help, same problem as before, therefore seems to be related to the combination of ROON 1.3 and UPnP Bridge (both 1.0.6 and 1.0.9)

Should I change any configuration (see above)? Which renderer should I select (my LINN DSM shows up twice)?

Thx in advance

Best regards
Frank

Jesus,

I don’t mean to pile on, but just as an additional data point, I am experiencing the same problem. I had a very stable system with Roon 1.2 and Version 1.06 of UPnP Bridge, but since upgrading to Roon 1.3 I’m having no luck, whether using version 1.06, 1.08 or 1.09 of UPnP Bridge. With versions 1.06 and 1.08, Roon would quickly skip through my queue when playing to the UPnP Bridge; with 1.09, it does not skip forward, but just doesn’t play – the progress bar at the bottom of the page in Roon does not move forward, and no audio plays from my DSM (although the blue bar graph animation to the left of the track in an album’s track list “dances” when I hit play).

Apologies if I misled anyone with my earlier report of success with Roon 1.3. I’m not sure why it worked at first, but nothing I’ve tried so far has allowed me to get it working again with Roon 1.3.

Best,
Stuart

I have noticed a setting ‘Use FLAC compression’ in the Roon Zones setup window, that needs to be set to ‘Off’ for the Sonore UPNP Bridge to work for me. I think there is a small bug where the setting seems to change back to ‘On’ of its own accord - I just checked mine and it has reverted back to the default ‘On’ position overnight.

I don’t remember this setting from Roon v1.2, so it might be the change that is causing you the same problem as I am having. Screenshot below.

If you have the same experience, then we can report the problem to Roon support.
Nick

I don’t think it is roon related this happens when you restart SonoreUPnP bridge and indeed it needs to be of.

Thanks, Nick and Michael. Turning off FLAC compression does seem to be the key to getting this working again. I’ll report back if Roon resets the flac compression setting of its own accord.

in deed, with “flac compression switched off” it works

Can you guys report the gear you have working and confirm the settings?

it was working after switching flac compression off; now it don’t work any more

have LINN Klimax DSM/1, QNAP 671, QTS, Davaar and ROON latest production releases

it jumps from track to track, the red horizontal bar doesn’t start to move to the right … :cry:

Hi @Jesus_Rodriguez, gear/settings as follows:

Roon Core 1.3 & Sonore UPNP Bridge 1.09 on: SonicTransporter i5 (Connected by Ethernet)
Bridge Settings: 96khz max sample rate / Format: LPCM or WAV (both work ok for me)
Roon Remote: iPad or Laptop
Roon Zone settings:
Volume control – Enabled
FLAC Compression – Off
Max Sample Rate – Disabled
Resync delay – 0ms
Channels – 2.0
Library: Synology NAS (no relevant settings)
Streamer: Naim Unitiqute 2 (connected over WiFi – Asus Router)

Let me know if you need anything else
regards
Nick

In my case:

Roon Core 1.3 running on MacBook Air (2013)
Sonore UPNP Bridge 1.09 running on Sonic Orbiter SE
Bridge Settings: 192khz max sample rate / Format: WAV
Roon Remote: iPad or iPhone (also control from Roon Core)
Roon Zone settings:
Volume control – Enabled
FLAC Compression – Off
Resync delay – 0ms
Channels – 2.0
Library: Stored on a USB drive connected directly to the MacBook Air running Roon Core
Streamer: Linn Akurate Exakt DSM
Everything is networked via Ethernet, except for the iPad and iPhone

all essentially as previous except using powerline instead of Ethernet + qnap nas box for music
have used for few hours x2 + definite improvement - still occasional fast run through of playlist but not sure why - again needs reboot of bridge or mR to function again

Roon Core 1.3 running on an mac mini I5 (2010)
Sonore UPNP Bridge 1.09 running on Sonic Orbiter SE
Bridge Settings: 192khz max sample rate / Format: WAV
Roon Remote: Macbook pro 2015, Macbook pro 2010, iPad or iPhone
Roon Zone settings:
Volume control – Enabled
FLAC Compression – Off
Resync delay – 0ms
Channels – 2.0
Library: Stored on a Thunderbolt drive connected directly to the MacBook Mini running Roon Core
Streamer: Linn Klimax DS/1
Everything is networked via Ethernet CAT6.0, except for the Macbook pro2015, iPad and iPhone

Everything seems stable until I swith from 96Khz=>192kHz, 192kHz=>44kHz etc then it starts skipping.
Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn’t.

What then happens is the following the sonore bridge starts pushing messages towards the Linn DS starting new streams
IF you if disable squeezelite within roon it keeps pushing the next command in the back ground.
It seems there is no good lock between different kHz resulting in skipping ?
At that point you need to start/stop the bridge application

Hope this helps

Update:

SonoreUPnP Bridge 1.0.10 was released today. Please update the unit and continue testing with it.

Note: In Roon go to Settings / Audio and click on the sprocket next to SqueezeLite and select Device Setup and disable FLAC Compression.

SONORE computer audio - Rendu | microRendu | Sonicorbiter SE

Last night i came home form my concert “The Naked and famous” i tried 1.10 straight away.
The bridge is stable, i can with between kHz and it locks no more rebooting i am a happy man :slight_smile:

Excellent work :sunny:

played appr. 20 min, I did some jumping from track to track, then the problem occured again: ROON trys to play a track but dosn’t succeed, jumps to the next track in playlist, and so on …

If you do a fast skip 10 in a row the buffer gets full and problem does occur but if you listen normally to music roon radio and skip now and then it works fine.

in my case: I pressed “skip” only after the track has started playing for at least 10 sec (or even longer)