Sonos disappearing in Roon

I wonder if sonos is doing something weird in the background like going to sleep and only listening on certain ports for traffic.

I have a similar issue, sonos vanishes from roon. If I wake the sonos up with the native app, it comes back on roon. So clearly the app is capable of doing something that roon can’t.

I’ll see if I can run some network captures off my router to see if I can see what port the sonos app is using when it hits the speaker

1 Like

David a good check, though I have played all Sonos device’s and they never come back until I restart the Rock.
It’s strange that it started happening the night I installed build 903.

The same thing happened a couple of releases ago, which I logged during the beta test. It wasn’t a fun month where I rebuilt my network twice.
Eventually I removed all plugged in Ethernet ports and went pure WiFi which has worked perfectly since.

To me there is something flakey with the Roon discovery process and it also seems to affect Meridian devices.

1 Like

Any news from Roon to this topic. What has been changed in Roon that Sonos has now this problems

I can’t remember which version introduced it, but I raised a ticket in that beta at that time. Went away for me, but back with a vengeance as of the last three releases.

Rebooting 3 to 4 times a day depending on how long I am awake. I would say that it lasts on average about 4 hours before it loses them all.

@support it would be really good if developers would actually take a look at this and work with a couple of customers to improve debugging around Sonos discovery and why it falls off.

Hello beka, hello Roon support

I’m wondering that no reaction appearing to this topic. It seems that I’ve invested my money into a not working software. Sorry but the problem with Sonos isn’t only in my setup, a lot of people has the same issue. Are you interested to solve this topic???

Hey @Jeannot_Schmitz,

I can definitely see how everything from where you stand would point to us not paying attention to this issue. You are right, it is affecting you, as well as a few others.

Our investigation is ongoing, but, it is taking us so much longer than we had expected, due to the complexity of the issue and numerous differences in setups and devices.

This week there’s a new round of work to get closer to a resolution.

Please, don’t give up on us just yet :pray:

2 Likes

However, make sure you check at all your Sonos components have moved over, and are showing as ‘wired’ - WM: 0

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3237?language=en_US

If your components are not showing wired, then turning off / turning on of your wired component can sometimes make the components join.
Or by changing the Channel which Sonos is using can also get the components to join the ‘Wired’.

I’ve previously had a lot of dropouts, see here Roon Dropouts - Why? - #6 by jamie
However, I haven’t had any for a over a month now. :slight_smile:

Beka thanks for this update.
I for one am always hopeful that this will be fixed.

Sometimes things are too quiet with these issues but thanks for offering some hope at last, it is most appreciated.

:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.