SONOS grouping issue

You’re not crazy. I too thought we were getting close there for a while. Just before I left on vacation in July, I was able to get 5 of my 7 Sonos zones playing fairly reliably. That may have just been a fluke, however, as for the past month I’ve had consistent dropouts again.

important to note: the dropouts are no longer “Transport Lost Control” error messages. Roon now shows all my Sonos zones grouped and remaining together. It just very rarely wants to play to more than 1 or 2 of them at any time. The others will all randomly pop in and out, stutter and die, or just never pick up the stream at all.

Literally as I type this, there is only 1 of 7 grouped zones playing. I find if I spam the pause the Play/Pause button, I can shock the network in picking up an extra zone or 2 occasionally.

I figure the team is probably busy polishing the latest round of features they’re working on, so I’ve been a little more hush about this issue in recent weeks, but my better half loves to remind me how these issues never existed before we switched to Roon, so I’m eager to get this Sonos integration sorted out once and for all.

Hey @wwwizzarrdry,

I moved your post to it’s own thread so we can take a closer look at what you’re experiencing here.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you share a screenshot of how you have things grouped in Roon, as well as the signal path when playing to this zone?

Are you able to play to each zone individually without issue?

Thanks,
Dylan

A post was split to a new topic: Grouped SONOS issues