Sonos Migrant ... A little help setting up please

Apologies for the late reply, it seems the Room site limited day one messages from new users to 18! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the steer Mike … I like that.

I’ve got an old QNAP that is low on CPU and I’ve just bought a much newer and more powerful QNAP TS-253be-4g. Trouble is I can’t yet afford the 4x6TB drives to popular it! ;-(:neutral_face: It’s much higher on CPU and memory.

But I have to say I’ve been looking for an excuse to play with one of those Intel boxes. I believe a new one is just announced… the NUC9.

So you would say the NUC solution better than the NAS?

Hi Michael, Yes currently direct from the CA … in fact two of them in one room and then copper out from each CA to each pair of speakers. The infrastructure in that sense is (in the main) perfect for a phase out or move away from.

Will take a look at the search Michael … yes the first section is definitely looking at my libary on NAS, the second section has a few albums but looking at Tidal directly, has a lot more … the sort of catalog you’d expect. And yes can see another section with singles and ep’s … not seeing anything there. But odd.

In the case of Foo Fighters search, I’d expect at least 14+ major albums plus a load of odd ball stuff. You can see them on Tidal as I say.

Nuc to run Roon and your NAS drives to hold and play your music from. I am assuming with 24tB you also want to play movies from there as well?

1 Like

That’s right Michael. There’s a lot of music there but video is the main data… Time read on the NUC as well.

It appears that Sonos is strongly hinting at a U turn in some respects on the legacy / new network zoning which is encouraging. But interest in Roon is starting to take over for me.

1 Like

@Attacama40 what ever you decide keep in mind to have an option for offline way of playing all your stored music. Roon is an online only software.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.