Sonos Multi-Zone Playback Glitches

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Nucleus+ Version 1.0 Build 227. Roon software version 1.7 (build 710).

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Sonos devices are connected via ethernet. Router and network switches are all Unifi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
We are using Roon on Sonos Amps.

Description Of Issue
Recently, I have been experiencing glitches with multi-zone playback e.g., suppose I start music in Zone 1, and then add Zone 2 to the session.

When an existing track ends and a new track begins, it will play properly in Zone 1, but it can take 5-10 seconds to start playing in Zone 2.

This happens on roughly one out of every four tracks.

Multi-zone playback via the Sonos app – i.e., not using Roon – performs as expected. I am wondering what the issue is.

Thanks

I discovered the problem. The ethernet connection into one of the Amps had gone bad, and it was affecting the other device via the Sonos mesh network. Everything is now working normally again.

Thanks

Hello @Darius_Lakdawalla, I’m glad you found a resolution. Please let us know if you have any further issues, we’re happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.