SonicTransporter i5

Networking Gear & Setup Details

EtherRegen switch after Core, Netgear switch afterwards. Orbi for wifi

Connected Audio Devices

Sonos One, connected via wifi

Number of Tracks in Library

93,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Playback on Sonos One, either Sonos or Airplay, stops after a few seconds. This used to work before 1.8. Now it is imposssible. Everything fails. On the same wifi I am able to stream 4K Dolby Atmos, etc., with no problems. My main system: Devialet connected via LAN using Devialet Air works perfectly

Hi @Gustavo_Gabaldon ,

is there any change in behavior if you try to reboot your SonicTransporter and network? Since the Devialet works over LAN, if you connect one of the Sonos zones on LAN as a test, does it then work? Is there any pattern to the content affected, specific sample rates, or file formats?

It behaves exactly the same after I restart both the SonicTransporter and the network. In the past, that would fix with Sonos playback. I haven’t tried LAN playback, as I would have to move the speakers downstairs but a Speedtest from my iPhone on the same Roon as the Sonos speakers shows download speed of 168 Mbs and upload speed of 140 Mbps

And the problem happens with any albums, regardless of resolution and even with Live Radio

Please do try to temporarily move the Sonos if you can @Gustavo_Gabaldon . Also, looking at your setup details here:

Please note that for Orbi we suggest making this change, as noted in our Networking Best Practices Guide:

Netgear Orbi Routers
If you’re making use of an Orbi router, we recommend unchecking Disable IGMP Proxying in your router’s settings. This setting can interfere with the ability for Roon Remotes to connect to the Roon Core.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.