Sonos transport lost connection to audio device error

Hi, I’m having the same “lost connection” problem after playing for 10-15 seconds. When I play from the Sonos App to the same Sonos speakers, it works fine and so I don’t think it’s a network problem. Any thoughts?

Hi, was hoping that 1.5 would solve the disconnect issues with Sonos, but I’m still having the same issue. Anyone else experiencing disconnects after say 15-30 seconds of music? Thanks!

Hello @hammer,

Can you provide a few more details about your setup so that we can help you troubleshoot this issue?

• What Sonos devices do you have on your network?
  • Do you notice this issue happening more often on one zone vs another?
  • What does your network look like? Are all of the Sonos zones wired/wireless?
  • What are some basic specs of your Roon Core computer?

-John

Hi, I have 9 sonos devices on my netowrk. 1 Play 5 (wired), 5 Play Ones (2 wired - as one stereo pair, and 3 wireless - 1 stereo pair, 1 standalone), 2 ZP80 (wired), and 1 ZP100 (wired). The wired devices all have wireless (persistent disable) disabled since my switch only supports RSTP and does not support STP. The lost transport issue happens when playing to all Sonos devices, wired and wireless. My Roon Core runs on a TR 1950X with 32GB of RAM on Server 2016 and music is stored on local harddrive. Roons plays fine to my HQPlayer NAA setup and also fine to a DietPi endpoint. All my Sonos devices have the latest firmware.

The Sonos devices play fine when playing the same music files from the Sonos Controller App.

Thank you for your help.

Hello @hammer,

I’m going to enable diagnostic logging on your account to see if we can find what’s causing this issue for you. What will happen is the next time your Roon Core is in contact with the Roon servers, a request will be made and a set of diagnostic logs will be sent to the Roon servers. When this happens, I will forward the logs to the tech team to take a look at them.

-John

@john thanks. I just tried to play to 2 of my sonos devices (one wired and one wireless) and they both failed after 10-15 seconds. Hammer

Hello @hammer,

It seems as though the diagnostic log package is having difficulties being registered by our servers. Could you manually upload the logs so that we can have the tech team take a look at them? I will unlist this thread so you’re free to post a dropbox link without having to worry about it being exposed to the public. Here’s instructions on how to find the logs and get them uploaded

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Logs

-John

John, would it be possible for me to send you the logs via email? I don’t have Dropbox. Thank you for your help.

Hello @hammer,

You can upload your files using this link

https://dev.roonlabs.com/up/

-John

Hi John, the link is asking me for my username and password, but I tried hammer for username and typed in my account password, but it is not working…

Hello @hammer,

My apologies, the username and password for the upload page are

username: alpha
password: alpha

-John

Hi, I’ve uploaded the file. It’s called hammer logs.zip

Thank you

Hi, @john, wanted to see if you got the logs…and hopefully found the problem! Thanks, @hammer

Hello @hammer,

Yes, we have received them. I am expecting some feedback from the QA team on things you can do on your end to help us troubleshoot this issue shortly. Unfortunately, this is taking longer than anticipated because Sonos has disabled user access to advanced diagnostic logs in a recent update, making things much harder for everyone involved.

-John

Hi John, any update?

Hello @hammer,

We’re actively investigating issues with Sonos integration in Roon, I’ve included your reports along with some other users whom have also been experiencing this transport errors. While I do not have a timeline yet on when a fix can be expected, the QA and development teams are actively working on this issue. I’ll be sure to update you on when there is any new or further information to share.

-John

Thank you!

Hey @hammer,

We recently made some improvements to our Sonos integration in Build 334 and we are hoping things will be more stable for you now. Please let us know how things are with Build 334 on your Core. If you continue to see any instability please let us know and we will be happy to take a look!

Thanks for your patience! It’s genuinely been appreciated.

Regards,
Dylan

1 Like

Hi @dylan, thank you for checking in…unfortunately, I still have the lost transport errors with the latest update.