Sony KD-75X9400D TV restarting when NUC connected

Hi,

My Sony KD-75X9400D TV keeps restarting itself when my Intel NUC is connected to it via my Onkyo receiver. At no other time does this happen, Foxtel and Oppp BD player connected through the receiver to the TV work fine without issue.

I suspect there is something that the NUC is doing to cause this issue but I can’t work out what ?

Any ideas please ?

Thanks

Hi @Jaap74,

• How often is your TV restarting when the NUC is connected? Once an hour? More, less?
  • Does the same behavior occur if you bypass the Onkyo receiver and have the NUC connected directly to the TV?
  • When you say that the TV is restarting itself, do you mean that the power completely turns off or that just the screen goes blank when the NUC source is selected?
  • What is the model of your NUC and what Operating System is it using, ROCK?
  • Can you let me know the exact local time + date in your country of when this behavior next occurs? E.g. 6:13PM on 5/29/19? This will be useful to note if we need to take a look at diagnostics down the line.

– Noris

Hi @noris,

Thanks for your reply.

NUC Details :

Product
NUC5PGYB

Version
H78167-104

Running Windows 10, fully updated

Roon Core is on another PC on the wired network, not the NUC (although Roon and Roon Bridge are both installed on the NUC)

The TV will fully reboot itself, a couple times an hour I am guessing. It doesn’t happen with any other device that is connected to the receiver.

I’ve not tried bypassing the receiver, to change the cabling is a big undertaking.

I cannot see any HDMI-CEC settings to adjust in the BIOS. On the TV I have enabled and disabled the CEC settings but that makes no difference.

I will make a note of the next restarts time and date and update.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Jaap74,

Thanks for that additional info. The next step here would be to get a few timestamps of when this behavior occurs and take a look at logs, so do provide that additional info when possible. There may or may not be much info contained in the logs but it is worth a check in my opinion.

– Noris

Hi @noris

I have a TV restart time, how do I get you the diagnotics from the NUC please ?

Thanks

Hi @Jaap74,

Just let me know the exact local time + date (e.g. 7:49PM on 6/6/19) and then I can go ahead and enable diagnostics mode for your account which will automatically generate and upload a log report to our servers. We can try this method first and if that doesn’t work, you can manually send logs by using these instructions.

– Noris

Hi @noris

8:40pm 6th June, Sydney Australia time

As I said Roon runs on 2 machines, the NUC is the one connected to the Receiver and TV

Thanks

Hi @Jaap74,

I can confirm that diagnostics have reached our servers and I took a look at the timestamp you mentioned, but I am not seeing any signs that this behavior is due to Roon. Let’s try to separate the issue even further.

If you have Roon completely closed on the NUC and have it connected in the same way, do you still experience the same behavior? If you do, this would indicate that something on the NUC or the TV itself is triggering this behavior.

– Noris

Once I close Roon on the NUC the Audio Zone disappears, I just need to work out how to set it up as an output using Roon Bridge first. I’ll get back to you once done.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Jaap74,

Just to clarify here, I was suggesting that you try to see what the behavior is like with Roon completely closed and not running. This way we can narrow down the issue to the NUC hardware or to the interaction of Roon on the NUC. For example, if you use another app such as VLC or Chrome to output to the Onkyo + TV zone, does the same behavior still occur?

– Noris

I will try and do some testing when I get time and let you know

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.