Sort by Date: Oldest First AND Newest First

Individual streaming services sometimes allow the user to sort a discography or playlist by oldest first, or click on the arrow and it sorts by newest first. In 1.8, I’m only seeing Oldest First. When an artist has 52 albums and I want to go to the newest releases right away, this is cumbersome. Surely reversing sort orders can’t be difficult.

Or, as is often the case, I’m missing something. :slightly_smiling_face:

Rob

1 Like

No as far as I know it’s one sort order oldest first.

That’s how I would want it anyways so I’m happy

Click the arrow next to date, it flips the sort order.

1 Like

Thanks! I use the iOS app almost 100% of the time, and I guess it was my sausage fingers! It works when you just hit the arrow! Thanks again. ~ Rob

2 Likes

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this doesn’t seem to work for me. In MacOS, clicking on the arrow next to ‘date added’ just switches between sorting them by date added (oldest first) and alphabetical (track name). It never lists them newest added first. When I use the iOS app, I never even have the option of clicking date added. Am I missing something?

Up and down

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I’m trying to find a way to sort tracks within a playlist by the date they were added to the playlist (most recently added first). Doing so for albums or playlists as a whole is not an issue.

Ah! No you can’t do that.
Roon playlist tools are useless. I’ve been complaining and making suggestions on improvement for seven years.