8GB Ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear Wired Switch and pfSense router/firewall

Connected Audio Devices

Motu M2

Library Size

Streaming Only

Description of Issue

When viewing an artist discography, switching the sort order of albums or recordings from Ascending to Descending, nothing is re-sorted. The sorting order appears to reload but reloads exactly as it was before, while the indicator for up or down does not change in the UI. This happens for any sort category and as far as I can tell, every artist. I’ve captured a video and converted it to a gif for illustration:

roon sorting broken

This is while using Roon Roon 1.8 (Build 814) 64 bit on a Windows 10 endpoint.

Try clicking on the up or down arrow instead of the name.

Same effect, it does not re-sort the items.

Hmm - that’s what I have to do - doesn’t work otherwise. Sorry it didn’t work for you.

1 Like

Most surprising.
This works exactly as it should for myself on same 814 build and win10 endpoint.
Or iPad endpoint.
Or Droid endpoint.

Hard to see why or how it would not be working for you tbh.

Here’s another video to gif showing the arrow being clicked and the same result:

ezgif.com-gif-maker

Hi @ALANMAN

I can reproduce this, but only with Recording Date. Release Date, Popularity, and Title all work okay. Are you seeing the same, or do you see it with all options?

If you’re seeing it with other options can you share another gif of that?

I’ll get a ticket in for the Recording Date one. Thanks!

For clicking the arrow and not working, I have narrowed it down to Popularity on both Albums and Recordings, and Recording Date on Recordings.

I don’t have a gif at the moment, but I will upload a couple later.

Regardless of that, the other behavior still seems off to me. Clicking the item text to sort by, or any part outside the arrow for the item that is highlighted still just reloads the same sort by order. While this part may not be a bug, it doesn’t feel like the natural or expected behavior of what should happen, which would be flipping the sort order, in my opinion.