Sorting out my music library

Hi @Ofer_Barr ------ Thank you for the report and sharing your observations with us since setting up Roon, the feedback is appreciated.

Moving forward, to help aide in my understanding of this behavior you’re experiencing, may I very kindly ask you to please provide the following:

1. A brief but accurate description of your current setup as seen here.

2. Screenshots of your “storage” tab (found in Settings) in Roon.

Lastly, you mentioned the following in your post:

1.In settings -> storage i added my music folder stored on a NAS dirve. Roon is set to watch for new files in real time. Unfortunately, when i add new music files to the folder or make changes, e.g., load a new cover jpg file they are not added or modified in real time or any time.

• In regard to the above, are you selecting the new album art in the “album editor” window and it’s not keeping your selection?

2.To get new albums appear in the library i chose ‘force re-scan’. The new albums now appear in my library but some of the existing albums appear twice and the tracks in in one of the two read duplicate in red. I have only one copy of this album in my music folder

• Can you please provide a screenshot highlighting this issue and also can you confirm if you have “show hidden albums” engaged? (Settings - > General)

3.Today i found that only 1 (track 2) of 10 tracks are listed in an album i chose to listen to. According to roon this track is 36:12 long which is the timing of the entire album. I press play and roon shows that it is playing track 2 but in fact it is playing tracks 1 through to track 10.

• Please provide a screenshot highlighting this in behavior in Roon as well as a screenshot of the media in it’s storage location. I want to see what the folder structure looks like and the naming scheme being used.

-Eric