Sorting Tidal Albums by Artist in Roon

I can’t seem to organize my Tidal Favorite Albums by artist in Roon. Can you help me?

Click on Albums, then use Focus to select TIDAL only. Now make sure Sort By Artist is selected.

It’s only for tidal albums added to your library but not for favorite tidal albums in TIDAL tab.

Yes, I see how to see my Tidal albums in Albums. But as Katun said I can’t do it within Tidal My Favorites. Is that right?

1 Like

If you want to display Roon favourites from this selection simply press the Heart.

To be clear, favouriting an album in TIDAL it will add it to Roon.

Your way works. It’s great that the Tidal favorites are added to my library. I didn’t realize that. So that’s where I will go. If CD or MQA is not listed in the bottom left of the album icon, what resolution is the Tidal recording?

That view replicates what you see in the TIDAL app (sans deleted/ unavailable albums.) If you want to sort or organise, use the Library views.

To be clear, favouriting an album in TIDAL it will add it to Roon.

No.

Yes, this is how TIDAL albums are added to Roon. If you add a TIDAL album to your library from within Roon it is added to TIDAL favourites. But TIDAL favourites are not the same as Roon favourites.

1 Like

If you add a TIDAL album to your library from within Roon it is added to TIDAL favourites.

Yes. But I can also add TIDAL album to TIDAL favourites from TIDAL desktop app., for example, or from TIDAL app. on iPad, etc. And this album is not added automatically to my library in Roon. :wink:

It works for me. And I have just done it to make sure nothing has changed.
I favourited an album in the Tidal app on my android tablet, and it appeared in Roon.

You may have to tap the little sync icon on the Tidal page in Roon to hurry things up a bit.

OK. And I can’t seem to organize my Tidal Favorite Albums by artist in Roon. Can you help me?
Mean Favorite Albums in TIDAL tab of Roon control app.

You need to use Library > Albums not Browse > TIDAL. As mentioned earlier in the thread the latter replicates what you see in the TIDAL app.

I must be misunderstanding something. I see my favourited album in that tab too.

Mind you, I never use that tab usually as
A) it’s slow to populate and
B) I often only see the first 30 albums

TIDAL favourite = TIDAL album added to Roon library
Roon favourite = favourite albums within your Roon library

The screen referenced in this thread is under BROWSE … it shows recent activity. If you want to sort or focus on a part of you Roon library use the choices under LIBRARY and follow my earlier post.

You can also bookmark a view for quick access.

Thank you @Martin_Webster but I have no problems. I was responding to @Katun who spoke of the Tidal tab of Roon.

No.
TIDAL favourite = TIDAL album added to Roon library + TIDAL album favorited in TIDAL desktop app., TIDAL iPad app., etc. (see here).

I want to sort by Artists here:

As in TIDAL iPad app.:

That is the meaning of TIDAL favourite = TIDAL album added to Roon library. It wouldn’t be a TIDAL favourite if it wasn’t a “TIDAL album favorited in TIDAL desktop app” etc. :smile:

You can’t. Use the BROWSE tabs.