SOTM SMS-200 Ultra Major Problem

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Sonic Transporter I5 and SOTM SMS-200 ultra

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

300 MBPS download speed from Cox, Motorola Panoramic

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Exogal Comet dac connected via USB to SMS-200 Ultra

Description Of Issue

My stereo is suddenly playing in a 2X faster than normal, high pitched way. It’s BIZARRE. I just downloaded updated software image from SOTM, that didn’t work. It’s playing the same high pitched double speed before and after the software upgrade. Could it be the Roon settings? What are the correct settings? My dac isn’t MQA, could it be that? I can’t find any settings that work here, either, tried everything. I don’t see anything in the SOTM SMS-200 Ultra settings worth changing via Eunhasu, either. HELP!

Hi @Greg_Johnson1,

Most likely the DAC’s not clocking the data correctly (maybe a funny state after SMS-200 was updated), hence I would recommend rebooting it.

If that does not work, reboot boot all devices in the audio chain (Roon, SMS-200, DAC).

And go back into Roon settings in Eunhasu and set minimum 0.2sec delay and sync times on your USB-dac

Hi @Greg_Johnson1,

I would suggest a full reboot of your Core, SMS200 and your networking gear as the first step here. Can you please give that a try and let us know if it helps?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.