Sound drops out with blue sound node

When i stream from Qobuz on the roon app with blue sound node as my streamer, the audio will occasionally completely drop out for several seconds; in some cases as much as 15 seconds. This frequently happens at the beginning of tracks, but sometimes right in the middle of a track

When i play the same track from the BluOS app without roon in the path, i never get drop outs. Has anybody else experienced this?

I also find the roon pauses between one track and another on albums (like abbey road) that are designed to have continuous playback (without gaps or pauses) from one track to the next - a real buzz kill.

If i can’t remedy this fairly quickly, i will cancer my roon subscription. I like many of the features of roon (although i find it non- intuitive), but not at the cost of audio dropping out for $14.95/ month. I’m sure i will never understand half of what roon is capable of because there are no instructions showing the features and how to use them.

And speaking of $14.95/month, that’s a lot of money to pay for a service with no customer service. For them to pass everything off to “the community” so we can figure all this out on our own is ridiculous. I’m willing to pay if i get trouble free performance; but if i have problems, i want solutions quickly (as I’m sure most people do) without having to search through endless forums or wait hours or days for someone from “the community” to help.

Roon must be making a killing.

Ok, rant over. Thanks, Mike

1 Like

I"ve moved your post to the support section.

Why hasn’t anybody from Roon support answered my questions and concerns on the sound dropping out? Or am I just supposed to wait for some random dude in the “community” to help me?

Is your Bluesound on Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

Ethernet connection

Do you have autosense turned on for the optical input? If yes, have you tried turning this off? If you look at the Bluesound forum this can be an issue for the node which is unconnected to using Roon.

Hey @Michael_Skiba,

Thanks for your patience while our team responds to each thread. Following up here, are you still running into audio dropouts on your bluesound devices?

If so, please reproduce the issue and share the specific date and time of when the issue occurs. With that, we’ll need to better understand your system setup as well:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

1 Like

Did you see the Roon Knowledge Base? In particular, Troubleshooting Audio Dropouts.

The nice thing about subscriptions is that you don’t have to stay with it if you’re not finding the value.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.