Sound Quality Issues

Try the MQA stereo files from here instead of Tidal:

Hi Dylan,
Can you please offer suggestions for my problem? Please read down this particular thread. Iā€™ve tried numerous optionsā€¦including purchasing a brand new Nucleus from my local audio storeā€¦and when that didnā€™t resolve the issue, I now added a linear power supply to my Asus router. Please offer some suggestions I can try.

Someone is giving you really bad advice.

2 Likes

Hi @Tony_Yip,

The next time this occurs please make a note of the time it happens and the track that is playing when it does. Weā€™ll enable diagnostics and take a closer look at the current setup. Thanks!

1:19 am MST; Jan 22, 2021; Track: Chemicals - The Vamps
1:24 am MST; Jan 22, 2021; Track: Sigrid - Home to You

It happens ALL the timeā€¦whenever it has a signal path as noted in my previous posts: MQA Core Decoder 96khz 24 bit. The above two incidents are only two of many examples I can give you. All other times, there are no issues. Itā€™s not only dropping out nowā€¦sometimes I get total white noise staticā€¦

Did the local (non-Tidal) MQA tracks play normally?

Peter, Iā€™m not sure what you mean by non-Tidal MQA tracks. I only stream via Tidal so all my streaming is Tidal content. I donā€™t have any other MQA tracks.

My apologies. You were referring to the files you sent me. I tried a couple of those and didnā€™t have any problems with your files.

This means your problem is probably not caused by your local network if youā€™ve already got everything wired. You may be facing an ISP or regional Tidal speed issue.

You could also try directly connect the DAC to the Roon Core using USB, and see if it makes any difference.

Peter, thank you for your replies. The MQA files from your site all played well but they are not ā€œ96 Khz; 24 bitā€. Itā€™s only those files that are giving me problems. Everything else plays fine. I tried some of your DSD files and they were all ok as well. I have also tried the USB cable direct from my Nucleus to my Vega G2 and the same problem occurred.

It should be possible to find the same MQA file from Tidal, e.g. ā€œMAGNIFICAT: IV. Et misericordiaā€. Now that the local MQA file plays normally, try the same file from Tidal. I know itā€™s not 96kHz.

I found a 96khz MQA file and it does the same thingā€¦dropouts and white noise. Hereā€™s the screenshot:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.