Soundaware D300REF Roon Ready but Uncertified?

Roon Core Machine

Roon Core: Mac Mini Mid 2011, Intel core i5, 8GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Roon Core/Router → Netgear Switch → Soundaware D300REF

Connected Audio Devices

Soundaware D300REF via LAN
Custom AMD PC via LAN

Number of Tracks in Library

22220 tracks, 1762 albums

Description of Issue

Soundaware D300REF is shown as Roon Ready under Settings → Audio but also marked as Uncertified. Enable button can be clicked but pop up shows “There’s a problem with this device”.

Firmware on the D300REF is V3.1.33t.
Am I missing something?

Thank you!

unnamed2
unnamed1

According to the Roon ready list it is roon ready but only on its digital output.

Makes sense I guess?
The D300REF is a transport, not a DAC.
It only outputs digital to an external DAC.

Hey @Vinsen,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Our team is looking into this deeper and will follow up once we learn more.

-Ben

Superb!
I know your team is very busy, so please take your time!

1 Like

Hey @Vinsen,

Our hardware ecosystem expert was able to take a deeper look into your issue and was able to find an issue in that your D300 isn’t reporting it’s model string correctly. With that, we’ll need you to contact Soundaware for further instruction.

You can get ahold of them here: 享声论坛 - Powered by Discuz!

-Ben

I founds its instructions for correcting wrong model name and translated it here for you.

In Firmware Upgrade menu the model number and serial number should be shown at the bottom.

If the model is not displayed or it is incorrect, in the firmware upgrade page long hold the down direction button in order to do manual selection (may not be exact wording due to translation), then press the center direction button and you’ll see your model at the bottom. After every power on you only have once chance to do this. If it is chosen incorrectly, you need to disconnect power and power it on again in order to choose it again.

Original Text:
固件升级完成后,在“固件升级”界面下方应显示产品型号以及产品序列号
如果升级后在此界面下没有显示型号,或者型号显示错误,请在固件升级页面长按方向键下键手动选择,选择后点击方向键中间确定键即可看到底部出现了您的产品型号。(每次开机后仅有一次选择机会,如果选择错误需要断电重新开机才能重新选择)

5 Likes

Holy crap! Thank you so much!

I got it to work.
I went to the main menu > Upgrade > Long press down arrow
It opened a hidden menu where I can select D300REF and now Roon recognizes it!

Thank you @benjamin for investigating the issue as well!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.