Soundtracks Anybody?

1 Like

Rudeboy - The Story Of Trojan Records (2018)

Rudeboy

3 Likes

Find: Qobuz

Find: TIDAL

This is from CD 1993 (Sampler)

1 Like

13 Calling You

from the Jazzfunkcombo Heavytones

or:

2 Likes

WIthout checking thoroughly - I don’t think I posted these & don’t recall others. Likely due to the fact that neither are essential listening. :thinking:

Ennio Morricone

I Malamondo (1964)
I Mala

Senza Sapere Niente di Lei (1969)
Ennio

1 Like

Some good stuff here:

4 Likes

1 Like

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis

Panthère Des Neiges (2021)
Nick

Lovely… there are even some vocals on this soundtrack

Les Cerfs

7 Likes

Let’s not forget Ennio…it’s been a while. :laughing:
Ennio Morricone
Il Serpente (1973)

Not an essential release by any stretch…It’s a mixture of some ‘easy listening’ amongst some mostly orchestrated sound effect type music (bring on the tension), along with a cpl of funky tracks.

Ennio

2 Likes

Loving this compilation that popped up on Qobuz today.

1 Like

Some fine artists on this & seems well remastered.

Riz Ortolani, Enrico Rava, Gianni Basso, Oscar Valdambrini, Nunzio Rotondo, Francesco De Masi, Gianni Ferrio etc plus Internationals: Gato Barbieri and Chet Baker. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Really enjoyable listen it was. I will be playing it a lot. Not one lost the tune piece either, which is the gamble I find with Jazz and what puts me off a lot of it.

1 Like

Sven Libaek
Inner Space (2006)

Sven’s music was once considered the ‘holy grail’ of Australian soundtrack music. Since this compilation full albums have been released where these songs were derived. However, this makes a solid & enjoyable listen of mostly ‘lounge/easy-listening’ tracks.

Sven

Edit: 2/5/2022
I should have added that the ‘holy grail’ title was apt. I think I made this release sound rather boring (easy listening), but it just has something beyond bland.

1 Like

I’m a fan of John Barry. However, unlike his more iconic & better releases (check through this thread), I’m not overly enamoured with this release as a stand-alone listen. Notwithstanding, it may well be that it suits the film. Perhaps the only track that fits the big orchestrated sound Barry is known for is the title track that appears second last on the album. Yet, even that is more about the accompanying viewing (fear/trepidation), than a track unto itself.

John Barry
The Day of the Locust (1974)

Barry

1 Like

Gianni Ferrio
E Divenne Il Piu Spietato Bandito Del Sud (1967)

This ticks just about all the boxes associated with Spaghetti Westerns of the era. Perhaps, what’s missing is a signature track/tune, that the best always contained.

Gianni

1 Like

Charles Bernstein & Christopher Young
Nightmare on Elm Street I & II

As much as we love Freddy, I think these 2 soundtracks sound rather dated. It’s just that they are way too awash with 80’s synthesizers. However, given the resurgence of this sort of sound with all the vaporwave (and various offshoots) this may indeed find a new audience.

And, aside from anything else, how can there be a soundtrack thread without Freddy (I couldn’t find this posted previously).

Charles

5 Likes

Charles Bernstein
Cujo (1983)

I think this stands the test of time way better than dear Freddy unless’ as per prior post’ you’re into that 80’s synth sound.

Cujo

1 Like

Gianni Ferrio
io, Emmanuelle (1969)

Don’t let the title influence you here, overall this is a fine release, albeit too short (39mins), including the 5 bonus tracks on this remastered edition. Largely what I’d simply file under ‘easy listening’, I do get in some people’s minds that conjure sounds of blandness and little imagery. Perhaps I should say it’s mostly orchestral beat & Italian grooves. :thinking: And it’s the vocal tracks that I find the standouts here.

RoonShareImage-637875382109172715