Special characters in SSID

Hello!

I am getting RoPieee setup on my system, but my problem is that my wifi contains a special character (the SSID is C:/virus.exe ) so when I am setting up the wifi and see the available networks it shows up as simply “C” without the rest of the name. I can’t seem to find any fields where I can type it in completely, and when I connect to “C” with the appropriate password it’s unsuccessful. Can I manually enter the SSID in a different field that I haven’t found yet? Can I alter that info from the back end?

Thank you in advance for your help!

I think you hit a bug. I’ll look into it. For now, if you want wireless to work, I would suggest changing your SSID.

Thanks

2 Likes

If RoPieee allows you to ssh into the device (via Ethernet, since WiFi is down) and sudo to root, you could always edit the wpa_supplicant.conf file directly. Or hook keyboard/monitor to the Pi and log in on the console? (I’ve never used RoPieee, so don’t know what logins it allows.)

Thank you for taking a look at it! It’s a beautiful piece of software.

Hi @P_PIEDRA,

Issue has been fixed, just waiting for a next release.
If you can’t wait you can always switch to the beta channel where it is already out.

Thanks

3 Likes

Thank you so much! That was seamless and I didn’t have to change all of my other devices to a new SSID. Thank you again!

1 Like