Special characters not supported when searching in Library/Tracks

When searching tracks in the library, I encounter the following unpredictable issues:

• When I filter the column Album with the character “=”, I am only able to search from the beginning of the text, I can’t search on the character “=” appearing in the middle of the text:
    2017-12-29 19_13_53-Roon 012017-12-29 19_14_28-Roon 02

• When I filter the column Path with the character “=”, I get no results whatsoever:

• When I filter the column Track with the character “.”, I get some weird results, but not containing the character “.”:
    2017-12-29 20_51_16-Roon 04

• When I filter the column Track with the character “(”, I am only able to search from the beginning of the text, I can’t search on the character “(” appearing in the middle of the text, the list ends at (Y:

• When I filter the column Track with the character “)”, I am sort of able to not only search from the beginning of the text, but I get unexpected and undesired results:
    2017-12-29 20_54_07-Roon 06

• When I filter the column Track with the character “-”, I get results, but not containing the character “-”:
    2017-12-29 20_58_26-Roon 072017-12-29 20_58_47-Roon 08

• When I filter the column Track with the character “[”, I am only able to search from the beginning of the text, I can’t search this character appearing in the middle of the text, “]” does not show up at all:
    2017-12-29 21_01_04-Roon 092017-12-29 21_01_35-Roon 10

In the column Album Artist, Artist, Album or Path I can’t filter on common things like “&” or “?”, it just does not give a result:
2017-12-29 21_24_06-Roon 12

The list goes on, it is too much to mention everything here, this post is already getting too long and boring, sorry for all the screenshots, they just show the problem a little better.

This way my searches are unreliable and I can’t find the things I am looking for. @support, is it possible to fix this behavior?

Thanks,
Anna

1 Like

Hi Anna,

We’re going to have a look and see if we can reproduce this issue. We’ll be in touch once we’ve done some testing.

Thanks for the report!

I was about opening a new topic for this but noticed the forum software suggesting this one instead. While it (the forum software) now complains about reviving the topic I do just this. :sunglasses:

Because: I stumbled across the issue (or is it a missing feature?) while trying to apply “:” to a funnel filter and didn’t get a result. So I’m wondering if this behaviour might change so non-letter characters are usable in funnel filtering?

Update: It wasn’t mentioned in the original post but it seems to affect funnel filtering everywhere - I couldn’t use my “:” filter in the Album Browser.

1 Like

Thanks for reviving. Lack of action on Roon’s part surely diminishes my lust to try and use the program the way I would want to. Maybe something will happen now, like a proper answer?

A post was split to a new topic: Issue with filtering when there are special characters