After a long time using other apps, I started testing Roon on a Macbook - my plans are to transfer the library to a mac mini in the next month if the tests go okay. The quality of the software is beyond impressive, both on visual appearance as well as sound quality! Congratulations!
Currently I am running Roon on the following Setup:
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) - 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5 - 8gb RAM with SSD 256GB - have been using this with Roon both wired through ethernet and through wi-fi N
- Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.3 (18D109)
- Roon Version 1.6 (build 390) stable (64bit)
- Music Files are stored on a NAS Synology DS416j connected through gigabit ethernet
- Collection Size of about 39407 tracks (using local songs and Tidal integration on roon).
The problem is that after initial setup all files were added (with exception of some 300 which were included in exceptions due to fragmentation / corruption etc) and the spinner showing the library updating stopped.
However, after a reboot two days ago the spinner will never cease to spin, and the screens show that supposedly all tasks were over as per the screenshots below.
I saw in the forum that it can be originated by different issues. Tried the basics I saw around here (rebooting Roon Core, rebooting the Mac, cleaning the library) however the behaviour did not change. Can you help me with this, please?