Spinning wheel when adding album to library [Ticket In]

This is exactly correct. One thing to add - after you add the album to libary, click back, select album again to confirm it hasnt been added, if you then go to albums, it shows up as being in your library (sort by date added).

Hey @Zeki_Mustafa,

Thanks for keeping in touch on this topic.

I was wondering, did you have a chance to upload the logs? I was unable to find themā€¦ :pensive: . Please, when you do, include the timestamp in your post (local date and time).

Many thanks :pray:

Hi thx no it hasnt happened since thankfully. I reckon you fixed it and didnt tell me because it was happening all the time but hasnt happened since. If it does i will upload logs

1 Like

@beka

logs have been uploaded. It happened as per below.

Note that you can recreate the bug yourself by just following Fleresā€™ steps outlined above.

Hey @Zeki_Mustafa,

Thanks for the logs :relieved:

They are now with our QA team. Iā€™ll follow up as soon as I hear back :nerd_face:

have you found this bug? are you gona fix it before i go crazy looking at a spinning wheel every time i want to add an album to my stupid loon library?

Hey @Zeki_Mustafa,

Thanks a lot for your patience ā€” our QA team has had a chance to investigate the logs :relieved:.

As far as your account goes, it looks like ā€œThe Wallā€ album was successfully added to Roon, without any issues. The logs confirm it here:

02/02 18:10:18 Info: [importstatus] notifying 26 imports completed

Since we found no traces of any network related errors, this points to a UI bug. Our team continues to investigate this (and thanks @Flere for all the steps; theyā€™re very helpful).

can you not just follow Flereā€™s steps and recreate the bug. This issue happened at least 10 times for me yesterday. Itā€™s madenning especially since all im trying to do is a tag an album to listen to later but stupid roon doesnt let you do that unless you add it to your stupid library first!

Please also add a streamed album where it is also present locally. Spinning wheel every time.

This is where the issue lies, I think. The Qobuz and Tidal pages areā€¦ specialā€¦ in that they are blanket feeds from the streaming service API and from the Streaming Serives perspective, not Roons. They donā€™t present Roon library information at all, so, the objects presented on that page will always be the Qobuz object, which as you know, is not the same as the Album object in your library.

What Roon needs to do in the minimum, imho, is to catch these 2nd add attempts and instead of sitting at a spin forever, throw up a, this is already in your library message, even if they cannot change the + from appearing on these pages.

@Rugby has clearly identified what is happening: with the current implementation of library, you will always be able to navigate to the non-library version of the albums in your library.

However, the infinite spinner isnā€™t very telling of this. Our product team has been made aware of this and are investigating the alternatives available to improve on this experience.

Thanks for working with us to get to this point :pray:

Non library version of the albums in your library?? What in earth do you mean???

Simple solution: scrap the loon library - it makes no sense in 100 different ways!

Hey all,

I wanted to follow up on my latest post and let you know that our team was able to successfully reproduce the issue step by step ā€” thank you for the help.

There is a ticket in with our QA and dev teams. Weā€™ll make sure to let everyone know as soon as it was fixed :nerd_face:

i just signed up to tidal and have the same issue with tidal albums!

We appreciate the additional information, @Zeki_Mustafa. If needed, our QA team will reach out for more details :relaxed:

Hopefully you can fix adding local albums (where other versions are already in the library) too.

1 Like

I just had this happen to me while listening to a Roon generated Daily Mix. Clicking on any track in the playlist will take you to the album page with absolutely no indication that the host album is already in your library.

@beka - any prospect of this being fixed? im still getting a spinning wheel 4 months later!

1 Like

Hey @Zeki_Mustafa,

Thank you for keeping an eye on this thread and checking in. What I ca confirm at this time is that our developer team has reviewed this ticket and it has been selected for development.

I canā€™t wait too to have it mentioned in the release notes of one of our upcoming builds :relieved:

1 Like