Splat! at the top of albums

Hi Eric
I’ve made a further test in that I connected the 218 using the Speakerlink connections but bypassing the AC200 I also have. The 218 by itself didn’t splat. The fault seems to lie with the AC200. Either the unit itself or in some sort of mismatch in the way the AC200 is passing the bitstream on from the 218.

Alan

Hi @Alan_McMillan ----- Thank you for touching base with me and providing an update based on the observations made during your testing. Very appreciated!

Moving forward, I am curious, has Merdian been able to comment on the behavior noted with the AC200? Furthermore, have you tried testing the with a different connection type yet between the 218 and the AC200?

-Eric

Hi Eric
I am waiting to hear what Meridian has to say about this. I have not tried another type of connection between the 218 and the AC200 since the two are normally two rooms apart and there is only a CAT 5 connection. Anything else would not be practicable. Besides, the Speakerlink ought to work without issue and if it doesn’t, something’s amiss.

Regards

Alan

1 Like