Spotify Connect issue with RoPieeeXL

unique identifier 44a34f0768ba45d5

Sorry I have no idea! I just sent new feedback with this UI above

Ok, but did you actually tried to play audio via Spotify? Nothing of that mentioned in the logs.

Thanks

many times. I use Spotify on my MacBook Pro. the raspberry pi is available as a playback device, I. select it, press play… it looks like it works but no sound.

but can you send me feedback after you’ve starting playing something?

5d470f7b615e4ade - whilst playing Spotify to ropieee at the same time… is that what you mean?

Ok. I see why it is not working. It tries to open the wrong audio device. Well, to be precise: it opens the correct audio device, but your USB DAC is sitting on a different address.

Just to be sure: you never had 2 DAC’s connected to the unit or something like that?

no. I only have one, never had two

actually I had a HAT on it once, but it wasn’t compatible with ropieee, so I reverted to no HAT.

Interestingly, I have a second rasp pi 3b, same issue (from my perspective), but never seen the HAT

The HAT is not a problem, but 2 USB DAC’s could explain what I’m seeing.

definitely not. only one in the house. when you say address issue… should I try the other USB outputs?

You can try that, although I don’t have high hopes…

would installing another OS and then reverting back to ropieee be likely to work?

I had an issue (?after an update) - that it stopped working with Roon… so I powered everything down and routed power to raspberry pi from a wall charger, rather than from the dac. turned everything on. it came back on line. but still no Spotify.

No. This has to do with how your DAC identifies.

ok. I have a hifiberry dac on the way, so I will wait till then and switch it out. Ian

Hi @ian_parsons,

I’ve might have found something…
If you’re up to it you could try out the beta channel. I guess it’s a 50/50 chance but who knows.

Thanks

I’m trying it. thank you!

Unfortunately it hasn’t worked. Thanks for trying. Ian

Well,

It means there’s also a kernel update which requires an additional reboot.
And you need to make sure configuration is done: go into the general tab, just hit ‘commit changes’ (without changing anything) and confirm. It will then configure the system again, and it will ask to reboot.