Spotify drops Neil Young

Can he request removal then?

I don’t know the ins and outs at all.

He sold his publishing rights. Different thing.

2 Likes

You will have to excuse my ignorance but what difference does it make? What claims does he still have on the music earnings and distribution?

2 Likes

Gotcha. Thank you.

1 Like

No publicity is bad publicity, they’ll probably both end up with more listeners. And Spotify reaffirms itself as the streaming service.

1 Like

I am curious to know how many posters in here have actually watched / listened to any of the Rogan podcasts where this alleged disinformation was aired? And listened means entire episodes, not just a soundbite spin from the media.

I’d also be curious to understand how much Mr Youngs uberwoke wife had to do with the original (then retracted) statement on his music.

Either way, it’s clear Spotify dropped him and not the other way around.

The mind boggles.

1 Like

Not sure how dropping an artist like Neil Young gets you more listeners.

Worked for me when he pulled out of TIDAL.

They need to drop MQA if anything is to work for me.

1 Like

I’m not sure who just flagged @Jim_F’s post. It’s quite clear that this thread has veered, in part, towards matters political. @moderators should indeed take note.

1 Like

Due to the caustic nature of US politics just about everything in the US is now political, from what one choses to eat to what one wears to how firm a mattress one sleeps on. Pretty sad state of affairs.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, when it comes to covid and vaccines, which are affecting the whole world, disinformation and conspiracy theories are not US-exclusives.

2 Likes

Really? I missed that one.

Ok, that one is an US-exclusive :slight_smile:

I think we need a mattress thread over in the Off-Topic section. Personally, I find music sounds best when I’m lying on an Englander medium mattress.

Doesn’t this sound like a hi-fi ad?

Bench-made using techniques refined over generations.

Our know-how about design and details deliver sleep systems built for comfort and durability. Englander has been designing and selling the best mattresses in the world for more than 125 years.

Good god.

1 Like

Or you can put pillows and mattresses on the walls.

Thanks Jim!

We have a split mattress as I like a medium one but my wife likes it firm. :rofl: