Squeezebox Duet controller can't adjust volume on Squeezebox Touch or Squeezebox Radio

Awesome update. Two SqueezeboxTouches, an SB Radio and Duet controller working! The only issue I am having is that the controller can’t adjust volume on Touch or Radio. Is there a way to get this to work?

How are you trying to adjust the volume? The devices should be able to adjust their own volume, but for other devices you’ll need to use Roon.

Hi,
On the Duet controller you can choose what squeezebox to control. The volume works when connected to mysqueezebox.com internet radio, but not when connected to my Roon database. The strange thing is that when viewing the chosen squeezebox on a tablet and then using the controller to adjust the volume, the volume slider on the tablet moves but the volume doesn’t change. If i change the volume using the slider directly on the tablet the volume changes.

Still no luck using Duet controller to adjust volume on the SB touch. I can pause but not adjust the volume. Anyone have any ideas?

Anyone have an answer to this? I would love to use my Duet Remote for volume control especially at dinner when the wife wants it lower. It would be less tedious then a tablet and it is not in direct line of site for IR remotes.

Hi,
On the Duet controller you can choose what squeezebox to control. The volume works when connected to mysqueezebox.com internet radio, but not when connected to my Roon database. The strange thing is that when viewing the chosen squeezebox on a tablet and then using the controller to adjust the volume, the volume slider on the tablet moves but the volume doesn’t change. If i change the volume using the slider directly on the tablet the volume changes.

Dear support please answer the following:

Hi Joe,

As @mike posted above, to change volume on other devices, you’ll have to use Roon to control volume. Duet volume control of other devices is not supported by Roon.

• List item

Thanks Andybob. I misunderstood Mike. The duet controller does pause and skip tracks. It is odd that the slider on my roon device moves when you adjust the volume from the controller, But the volume doesn’t change. I Thought that this was just a glitch. I didn’t realize it wasn’t supported.