With the last update, I no longer get the clock data (Day, Time …) to my SB Touch. It just disappeared. This is not a big deal but maybe it could be restored in a future update. If I switch to mysqueezebox.com, it comes back so for now it seems Roon core is not sending the data.
Just for info, I get the clock still, latest Roon, windows 10 updated. Hope this helps!
Same here. Try restart SBT. Or / and add music library.
Tried both with no luck.
My Roon core is on SonicTransporter i5. Maybe yours is on w10 ?
Hi @bobflood ----- Thank you for the feedback and sharing your observations with us. Can you please provide me with the details of your current setup as seen here as well as verifying how your SB is being accessed across your network.
Looking forward to your feedback!
I have Roon Core running on a SonicTransporter and Roon Remote is on my Win 10/64 Laptop. The SB Touch is in an upstairs bedroom and is being fed from a wireline ethernet device. Music playback is not affected.
This is more of an FYI item and is not at all critical. I do see that others are having similar problems.
Thanks for looking into this.
Unlike the older ‘blue screen’ devices the SB Touch manages/displays its own clock without our help.
What is being displayed on the screen in place of the clock. Maybe someone can snap a photo so we can see?
Hi Eric, I just tried an update of the kernel on the SB Touch and the clock has now returned. Strange but true.
One other thing you could check for me is the “Use FLAC Compression: Y/N” setting for sending music to the SB Touch. It does not stay in the No setting if there is any update or if the SB Touch is rebooted. It reverts to Yes every time. This is a bit of an annoyance as I must check it all the time. It really does make a noticeable improvement when In the Off position.
Thanks for the feedback @bobflood, we’ll have a look.
Hi @bobflood ---- Touching with to let you know that we were able to reproduce the reported behavior in house and a fix has been set in place pending our next release, which will address the settings not being held in place.
Thanks for letting me know.
As as aside; I was able to get the same sound quality with the Touch using FLAC by changing two settings in the EDO. First, I used the buffer to max and randomized CPU setting. Second, I used the prevent CPU sleep setting.
I am posting this so if others wish to try, they will know what worked for me.