Squeezebox time displayed in UTC [Ticket In]

I did this (set the time in the BIOS of the rock server), 2 hours later I went back into the BIOS and it was back on UTC time. I think the Rock OS is time syncing very well.

I have 3 x Squeezebox endpoints around the house, showing UTC time, with no ability to change it that I can find.

It would be nice, if the local timezone could be set on the Rock mainscreen.

Hi @ozmillsy,

Have you made sure to set the squeezebox time zone in Device Setup? You should be able to do this in the following menu:

More information can be found in our Squeezebox Setup Docs.

Hi noris,

Yes, I have gone into the device setup, the Time Zone field shows as a dropdown list with no items in the list. Simply a dash, and nothing else.

I can’t enter a time zone, or select a time zone.

Hi @ozmillsy,

Can you please confirm that you have the correct time set on your Squeezebox Zone itself? What model squeezebox zone are you using? Is it up to date on the newest firmware?

Not sure what you mean by setting the timezone on the zone.

I have 3 devices, a Touch, a Classic and a Boom.

When I select a zone/device, I can access the Device settings.

For the Classic and Boom, both devices have a time zone field under advanced settings. It shows as a dash, and gives me no options to change it to anything else when I select it.

The Touch does not offer me a time zone option under Advanced. Interestingly, I powered it on this morning and it is showing my local time (where the other 2 are still showing UTC).

Hi @ozmillsy,

Thanks for sharing those screenshots.

Does rebooting your two other Squeezebox zones trigger any change in behavior? What if you try selecting the 24hr format, does that trigger any change in behavior?

Rebooting doesn’t change them, the Classic/Boom still display UTC.
Setting 24 hour time works. They display UTC in 24 hour format.

Noris, can you describe to me, what I am supposed to see, in the timezone field. Is it supposed to be a drop down list?

Hi @ozmillsy,

Thanks for letting me know that information. I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our hardware team has been able to reproduce this behavior and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved. Thanks again for the report!

OK, no worries, thank you.

Has this been fixed?

Hello @Fused_Elements,

We still have an active ticket regarding this issue, but there are no new updates to share at this time. I can’t comment on a timeline but I appreciate your patience until this reaches the dev review queue!

I also have this exact issue. Keeping the thread alive for another year - hopefully less! I have to believe this is an easy fix.

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Butler2,

Thanks for letting me know, I have also just added your report to the ticket tracking info.

I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that this ticket is still in our development queue. This means our developers are still planning to look at this, but we don’t yet have a timeframe for when that’s going to happen.

Once the ticket has been scheduled and work begins, I’ll have a better sense of timing here. Thanks in advance for your patience!

I too am waiting for this issue to get resolved. Would be nice to have a accurate clock back when the Squeezebox’s are in power off mode.

Thanks @noris

-Chris

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @Chris_Heilig. We are aware of the issue and I just messaged QA about it again today, no updates that I can share right now, but it is in the queue.

Hello All,

We’ve been able to reproduce this issue in the QA lab, and a ticket has been filled with the development team.

-John

1 Like

Any update regarding this issue?

Hello @Yowza ,

Thanks for pinging us on this issue. I just checked the status of the ticket and I see that it is still in the queue, but it hasn’t reached the front quite yet. I’ve let the team know that this issue is still occurring, once we have any updates on this issue, we will let you know, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

I switched Roon Core from Windows 10 to NUC/ROCK. As I have an old SB3 on my nightstand I was a bit caught off guard the first morning when the stand-by clock was 1 hour off, as in showing one hour less than CET. I suppose it’s because ROCK doesn’t use the local time as system time.

Related problem here in South Australia.

Choose Timezone of ACST and it shows an hour behind, +0930, as we’re currently in daylight saving, +1030.

Choose Timezone of +1030, which should show the correct time now irrespective of daylight saving as ACDT is +1030, shows the time as +1100

Currently I can’t get the Squeezebox 3 device to show the correct time zone.

1 Like