Description My Setup
Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
- Pinkfaun 2.16X Server, running on Audiolinux, AMD 7 3700 processor, 16GB RAM, 1 HD Samsung SSD 250GB for Roon + 2nd HD Samsung 4TB SSD for local music
- Roon version 1.8 build: 764
- HQPlayer: HQPlayer Embedded 4.19.1
Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
- iPad Air 2 – 64GB - running iPadOS 14.4 - Roon build: 764
- Samsung S10e – running Android version 11 kernel 4.14.113-20607146 – Roon build :764
- PC running Windows 10 Pro - Intel(R) Core™ i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz Ram 8GB, Roon build: 764
Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
- Ethernet & Wifi Mesh network built on 3 * Asus Zenwifi XT8
- Connected to Service Provider modem
- Speedtest connection speed ethernet 93Mbps download – 18Mbps upload
- Roon Core connected via ethernet, Remote PC connected via ethernet
- Mobile Remotes connected via Wifi
Audio devices in use
- T+A 8 DSD connected to Roon Core, using HQPlayerEmbedded, connected via USB
- Endpoints : 2 * Logitech Squeezebox Touch , connected via Wifi
- Local library on separate internal SSD 4TB harddisk in Roon Server
- Qobuz Hi-fi Sublime streaming service
- 62197 tracks (3875 albums – 2291 local, 1584 Qobuz)
Description Of Issue
I use Squeezebox Touch (SQBT) as endpoint in Roon.
It works well, but there is was small ennoyance.
I have configured the SQBT to keep the display active as long as possible, but in the morning it is always showing the Clock display.
This means I always have to use my smartphone to get music playing again on the SQBT.
I can live with that, but what is ennoying is the following:
As I mainly play Live Radio on that SQBT endpoint, on my smartphone the Live Radio station remains selected automatically. Great so far. Clicking on Play on my smartphone starts the music playing, but nothing else happens. If I select My Audio Streaming source on the SQBT, again not is happening on the screen itself.
If however, I play an album, the album information (cover, band, album and track title appear automatically on the SQBT screen.
If I then switch to the Live Radio station, I get the ‘Radio station Logo’ and the start/stop controls.
It would be extremely convenient if I do not have to take the detour via an album, to view the Live Radio station on SQBT screen.
I also do assume (/hope) this is a small bug that can be solved very rapidly.
Can you please prove me right?