Squeezelite on Android (iBasso DX300) and Roon endpoint help!

Core Machine

Intel NUC i5 with Rock Version 1.0 (build 227) stable

Network Details

WRITE HERE

Audio Devices

WRITE HERE

Description of Issue

I saw a post about how to get a bit-perfect endpoint on an Android Device, making it a Squeezebox server. I downloaded the app (Squeeze player) but I have no idea, neither is clear on the post for a newbie, on how to configure it (what ip address? The Roon Server one’s?).

Can anybody pls help?

Cheers!

Maybe this helps: FAQ: How do I use Roon and Squeezebox devices together?

Hi, it helped, meaning that now Roon sees my DX300 as Squeezebox, but the audio is still getting downsampled for some reason! (See pic)

Roon does not officially support the use of Squeezelite players. That falls under Tinkering and you might post your query there.

If you looked at bottom of the link Blackjack posted, it says this:

Squeezelite/Software endpoints: Roon does not support software implementations of squeezebox endpoints, and we do not test with them as part of our QA process. If you attempt to do this, you are on your own.

2 Likes

Maybe this one?

Try contacting it’s author, maybe he can help you.

You Need to:

• enable floating point output
  • enable 192kHz support
    -set output sampling rate at a certain frequency, ex: 192000hz

In Roon you need then to set the upsample to the one set in sb player. For ex 192kHz

1 Like

It works perfectly now, thanks.

Only problem with sapling rate at 192khz is that songs stutter for the first few seconds, despite me having a pretty good connection at wifi. 96kHz will do anyway :slight_smile:

Yeah I noticed that to on my R5 if the player is left to upsample as they really don’t have the grunt. Set it to 96/24 and it’s fine. But I don’t find using this method to be any better sq than using the Roon app asmost of my content it’s left untouched as it’s 44.1/16 or 24 which does not get touched on my Hiby R5.