Stable release 2.535 (2020/06/21)

Upgraded a RPi3 without any issues. Took about 5 minutes.

I am also stuck in the update loop. Update - reboot- but devices have not updated - update available notice reappears. This is the case for two rpi3s with RoPieee XL. One wired with HiFi Berry Amp2, the other over WiFi with a HiFi Berry Dac+ Pro. Both are on 2.486 stable release. Previous updates have been quick with no issues. Advice appreciated. Thanks

Can you send me feedback?

Thanks Harry for taking a look at this for me. Pi with HiIFi Berry dac hat - identifier 230235ad258bc2d5
Pi with Amp2 hat - identifier e6f00a78eb9bf0e9

Yeah, but this feedback does not show that you’ve triggered the updates from the web interface.
That’s what I’m looking for.

So accept the updates and instead of rebooting afterwards send the feedback.

Thanks

Sorry, had tried to update earlier, so thought it would be in logs. After update but before boot:
Pi with HiIFi Berry dac hat - identifier e5610ebf4eea53e7
Pi with Amp2 hat - identifier edbd6a559d10e9a3

Ok thanks. Your unit has trouble with connecting to RoPieee’s update server.
I’ve just rebooted that, can you try again and do exactly the same?

One feedback is enough.

Thanks

Thanks Harry - as requested - identifier be1473266ba7afd4

Ok, update is now good again, but you need to leave it on for a while.
Not sure if you rebooted it already, but it was actually downloading stuff.

One device has updated successfully. The other is still in the loop. Have tried twice. identifier 83cf9d265e73a93f

We have lift off - both devices have now updated… Thanks very much for your assistance Harry.
Mark

Donation on its way - hope you enjoy a few beers or whatever

2 Likes

Updated my Allo USBridge Signature without any trouble. Thanks for all your hard work Harry!

I just made a donation also. Thanks Harry for providing this great piece of software.

Sorry, but this update has been a complete disaster for me. I run an Allo USBridge Sig and a RPi3 display. Upgraded both via the Web UI and promptly lost all web connectivity. Fearing something went wrong during the upgrade process, I’ve now reflashed my Allo card (twice) and operation is erratic. I can connect to it via Roon and play, but web connectivity is still hosed. Occasionally, after a reboot, I can connect for a short time, but then the Web UI freezes. Is there anyway to downgrade to an earlier version until this gets resolved??

Feedback ID:

851b478e5f71d128

EDIT: further info. I can get it to work for a while by running the pacman -Syu ropieee-web command via a terminal window. Following is the output I get:

[root@ropieee ~]# pacman -Syu ropieee-web
:: Synchronizing package databases…
ropieee-stable is up to date
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
alarm is up to date
warning: ropieee-web-20200620-2 is up to date – reinstalling
:: Starting full system upgrade…
warning: firmware-raspberrypi: local (6-1) is newer than alarm (4-1)
warning: raspberrypi-bootloader: local (20200528-1) is newer than alarm (20180810-1)
warning: raspberrypi-firmware: local (20200528-1) is newer than alarm (20180730-1)
resolving dependencies…
looking for conflicting packages…

Packages (1) ropieee-web-20200620-2

Total Installed Size: 33.97 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring [######################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity [######################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files [######################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts [######################] 100%
:: Processing package changes…
(1/1) reinstalling ropieee-web [######################] 100%
[root@ropieee ~]#

Mine hung on the installation. I unplugged and restarted and it’s fine, but fyi.

OK, I don’t know what to do. I’ve reflashed the card on my Allo USB Sig four times, and the Web GUI still doesn’t work for more than a few minutes after running the “pacman” command to reinstall ropieee-web. Feedback identifier d20943aad56c6d6b.

Can anyone confirm that this version is running problem-free on this particular hardware?

It is totally unclear what you are trying to do or what the problem is.
Why do you want to reinstall the package?

Because the logs show a running web interface.

FWIW i’ve got your setup in my test bench and that’s working fine.

Of course the logs show a running web interface–I can only send feedback when it is running. The issue is that it consistently DIES after a few minutes…the web interface becomes completely unresponsive.

I’m not sure what is unclear to you…you may have missed my first post, which explains that reinstalling the package is a workaround I found to make the web gui accessible again. More recently I’ve found that simply restarting the ropieee-web service via SSH (systemctl restart ropieee-web) seems to work also…for a short time. Again, for clarity, this is happening on a fresh (re-flashed) install. If there is some way I can extract a log when the web interface is not working (e.g., by SSH), I’d be happy to do this and send it to you.

In addition:
The problem is not limited to my Allo USB Sig. I have another unit–an RPi 3b+ with the 7" Raspberry touchscreen that I’m using as an extension. Same behavior with the web interface. Both units worked flawlessly with earlier builds of RoPieee.

There is definitely something funky going on with networking in this build, at least in my network topology. The client devices (a PC, a Mac, and some iOS devices) are all able to connect sometimes, but the web interface quickly hangs and becomes unresponsive. Restarting the service via SSH restores operability. I use a Pi-Hole adblocker on my network, but I’ve bypassed it with no change in results.

Can you send feedback when it hangs again?

login in and run the following command:

/opt/RoPieee/sbin/send-feedback

Please provide the time so I can relate it back to you.