Stable release 2.596 (2020/09/06)

Ahh… I assumed that you could access the web gui (eg that it was “working”). I’d suggest the easiest course is to re-flash (because the installation really did fail), but someone else may chime in.

Also, please verify that internet is accessible etc etc.

Hi @Kurt_Niu,

Unfortunately you hit a small regression. That has been fixed, update is out there.

Thanks

NAA render is visible in HQ Player, thanks a lot! the issue is resolved.
BR/Kurt

I got same prompt, finally I got Pi reinstalled with latest image release v2.596, it is quick way to restore RoPieee for me.

Harry! New user, thanking you for the RoPieee install.
I’m now able to listen to my headphone amp via a Raspberry Pi, an Allo BOSS DAC HAT and RoPieee. I’d been stuck for a few weeks on getting the network configured so I could go wireless, this latest release unblocked my problems, so hats off for the webpage refinements. Cheers from lockdown, in Melbourne, Australia.
Peter Lawson

1 Like

I’ve got 3 RPi’s with RoPieee running. All three are showing up in Roon as running Roon Bridge. One is running version 2.595, and the RoPieee web GUI tells me that an update is available. However, I don’t want to update it, because I have problems with the other two.

The Devices page on the 2.595 RoPieee tells me that the other two are running version 2.596. Trying to access the web gui of one gives me the “Installation Failed” screen, and the other refuses to connect with the web browser. I’ve power cycled both, but no change.

What should I do? I don’t see how I can send you feedback from these two. Do I need to reflash the SD cards on these two?

The ‘installation failed’ one you can not recover from. The ‘flag’ that indicates the installation wasn’t succesful was already present in earlier releases, but only with the last release exposed.

As long as it functions you’re fine, but you cannot update it (not all components have succesfully installed during the installation). So yeah, in the end you need to reflash.

The other one is also difficult, if you can’t access it’s webpage. Which is weird in itself of course.

From 5.595 to 5.956 is just a hotfix for XL services, so if you don’t use them there is no reason to update I guess.

Thanks Harry - I think I’ll wait awhile - I don’t use XL…

Hello spockfish and thank you for all the work.
For Flirc, how do you support the screen off button in the top right corner of the Pi screen?
Everything else works, but this button, I don’t know how to do it.
Thanks