Stable release 2017/11/25 (076)

OK well that won’t work as RopIeee auto updates on install so I can’t go back. Will wait till next update is released and check again then.

1 Like

Harry, that’s brilliant, thanks so much! And I’ve finally got around to donating!

Out of interest, do you recommend not using wifi for audio solely because of rpi wifi capabilities? I’ve not had any dropouts so far using audio over wifi. Is there likel to be a reduction in sound quality?

Thanks again, Max

Hi,

Thanks for the donation, much appreciated!

No, reduction in sound quality I don’t consider likely. The data either arrives or not, so you’re talking about drop-outs in the case of connection troubles.

I generally advise against it because the Raspberry Pi WiFi capabilities are not considered to be the best :wink:

However, I also know quite some folks that use it on a regular base, without any problems.
So try it out, and if it works for you then that’s great!

Regards Harry

I wanted to try WiFi on Ropieee but when I tick the “Enable WiFi” box, commit and reboot, the “Enable WiFi” box is not ticked anymore when Ropieee comes back online. Should I remove the Ethernet cable during reboot?

No. When you tick the ‘enable WiFi box’, you should go back to the network tab and finish the configuration (select your wifi network and provide your WPA password). Then you should reboot.

Doesn’t work for me. Maybe it is too early on a Sunday. :slightly_smiling_face:
When I tick the WiFI box, I click Commit.Then I see only the wired config and the save button.
When I click save changes, I go to the general tab. On the nework tab, the WiFi box is unticked and I do not see options for a WiFi config.

Oh… that’s not good. Can you send me feedback so I can have a look?

Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier 8171b2667ca051ba

Ok. can you do that once again, but first enable wifi? So enable it, safe it, go back to the advanced tab and then send me feedback?

WiFI enabled, committed, saved, feedback sent.
Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier 2d32ec0403a83af6

hmmm ok. I need to do some testing here. I can’t see what goes wrong (except that wifi is indeed disabled). Only thing I see (and which I did not test) is that you use a static network configuration for your wired connection. Can’t see anything in the code that might interfere, but who knows .

Thanks Harry. Indeed I see the WiFI config settings when I set the wired connection on DHCP.

Ok. Found it and fixed it. I’ll try to push out an update asap.

2 Likes