Stable release 2018/03/31 (095)

Hi all,

As mentioned earlier when releasing 091 I was busy building a new kernel which fixes some WiFi stability issues on the Model B+. So here it is. It also fixes an annoying bug that showed up today that causes the touchscreen to not come up.

So basically it has only one big update: switching from Linux 4.9 to 4.14. And this might not interest you at all (it really shouldn’t :wink: ), but it is actually a big deal.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Two of three displays hung at RoPieee is running (the other has not updated yet). Just wait?

Have they updated to 095?

You can see that on the information tab.

Actually, no. And the last one was still on 83 (!!), so when I checked extension version numbers was misled. Rebooting and waiting a bit — I may have been too anxious.

Mine just updated to 095, FYI

1 Like

Reflashed the recalcitrant v83 display. (d5b7b41944cc332e) if you are curious. Updated my consolidated view of all RoPieee devices to display version numbers (as scraped from the info page and text parsed). Thanks Harry.

1 Like

My Ropieee seems to be stuck at version 83, despite me trying to trigger updates via the advanced screen. Time to invoke the nuclear option: reflash the SD card?

before you do: can you send me feedback? (via the advanced tab)

i’m still curious why it won’t update.

Feedback sent: befd334de4be653d
Thanks.

Hi @Geoff_Coupe,

I know what’s going on. I just need some time to solve this…
If you don’t have that time then indeed you need to reflash.

Thanks,

No problem - the Roon display control is working fine. I’ll wait and catch up later. Thanks.

Hey,

Since the update, the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ won’t connect to Wifi.

Even after a reflash, it does not connect through the ropieee.local/network page (after the multiple commits and reboots), or even when I do as I did here: Roon does not detect the RoPieee on Wifi adding the network config in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant-wlan0.conf

When I do an IP scan only the ethernet IP shows up. I checked and it is indeed version 95.

Here’s the feedback: 96349abf6ead012d

Thanks in advance for the help!

EDIT: Ok fixed, it seems the copy/pasting of the network config added extra characters or inaccuracies so the Pi would not recognize the SSID or the password.

Hi @Geoff_Coupe,

I tried to resolve this, but I couldn’t test it over here.
So… reboot the unit (it will then automatically fetch the script that could fix the problem) and let’s wait and see.

Thanks,

Thanks. I rebooted (twice) but still stuck on 83. Feedback identifier is now: 040ff6c9e2d3f878

Well, I’m looking at the logs and indeed it started updating at 21.00, but when you rebooted it at about 21.15 it was still busy updating.

So let’s try to just ‘leave it be’ and see if it recovers by itself.

Thanks,

Hello @spockfish, I have one that’s stuck on 083. The other is on 095. Would you like me to send feedback?

Oops, sorry about that. This morning I see it is now at version 95. So all is well…

1 Like

Harry @spockfish I have lost visibility of my Sonica DAC after the 095 update it seems. can’t be seen in the Audio devices list. Web interface looks ok so here is feedback 44c6e8a3c524a63a

Once I know you have the files I will restart it and see what happens from there, sorry I just got back from overseas so maybe I’m a little late to the 095 party :smiley:

Hi,

The file is empty… So do a restart anyhow, but this does look scary.

Thanks,

I have redone a feedback just now… 70f9b90c24d307 so see if you get that. Ill reboot it in about 15-20 mins