Stable release 2018/11/06 (219)

Had one of my endpoints disappear from the zones list but the extension is still connected

feedback for @spockfish here dabe4db6686464be

will restart it shortly

OK maybe false alarm… :blush: think I turned off the USB selection… DOH (_8{}

Is there any raspberry DAC which works with RoPieee AND has a headphone jack? I need a simple Roon Endpoint for my headphones…

Does it really need to be a Pi DAC?

I’ve got a Ifi iDSD and it works beautifully as headphone DAC.

1 Like

Must not be a Pi Dac, I thought about it, cause my Hifiberry Digi+ Pro works flawlssly with RoPieee… BUT: I need something with an ethernet input. I’m sitting in the basement on my road bike, which is mounted on a caster and there is no USB or S/PDIF port. But a network connection for Roon … Currently I use this Digi+ Pro with a Naim Dac V1 which is great but simply oversitzed für hearing workout-chill-music while I’m training… I want somethin smaller, simpler. The Ifi iDSD looks good, but I can’t see a network input.

But… you want it work together with RoPieee. So I don’t understand what you mean with the network input.
You plug the Ifi into the Pi.

Audio quest dragonfly

That the solution. THX thumbs-up

So… are you on the latest version?

Because there is nothing to select (anymore). If the Flirc or OSMC is connected then this is automagically detected. You only need to feel in the zone.

Regards Harry

I’m on 219. On the ‘Remote Control’ tab I have a drop down to choose ‘OSMC’ or ‘Disabled’ and a field for the zone. The Flirc controls a MacBook running Roon remote just fine using a Harmony remote.

can you send me feedback?

Sure can Harry 5fa706fac9e46bea. I hit the play, pause, next and previous track buttons a few times.

Hi @Wakajazz,

There’s something strange going on. Not all components have updated. The Flirc is detected, so that’s not it. It’s the fact that you don’t have all the latest software.

Can you reboot, leave it running for 5 minutes, and then send me new feedback?

Here you go Harry… ca3abd9161defc63

Super annoying… Are you familiair with SSH? For some reason it won’t pull in everyhting, so maybe we can trigger it manually…

I am familiar with SSH, yes.

Ok then. Let’s try this:

login with username: root and password: root
run the following commands:

yes | pacman -Syyu
yes | pacman -Syu ropieee-web ropieee-remote ropieee-touchui

That appears to have done the trick. I have play and pause working now. ae5895462c50b02a
I think I just have to map the appropriate keys for the skip track buttons.

Thank you Harry!

Ok nice.

Enjoy!

Aha! So this is how I can look at the logs myself.

What profile is needed on the flirc to make things work? I set the profile via the windows app to kodi. The flirc is seen by the autodetect on the ropieee. I can’t get the remote to respond using the Logitech hub which is supported by flirc via the kodi profile. Is there a step by step for using the flirc on roon?

Thanks…
Phil