Stable release 2018/12/10 (235)

happy to test it when it’s ready…is that in the beta channel or will it be in the stable channel?

Interesting the web page for devices exists but nothing is displayed in the list - even the device thats being accessed isn’t listed

I pushed out a small update to improve DNS-SD (“the devices tab”).

Because of a family issue (my dad is in the hospital) I won’t be as responsive as I normally try to be.

Regards Harry

2 Likes

We will get some testing done Harry…Hope your Dad is Ok.

Looking much better…so seem to update to having the Devices tab show but its getting most of the units on most of the units

1 Like

My very best wishes Harry for your family. @spockfish.

2 Likes

I don’t want to start a war here, but am curious if anyone hears a sonic difference between versions? I recently noticed that my pi wasn’t automatically updating and in the middle of trying to make it do so, it locked up. I reinstalled RoPieee (the latest v) and now music seems less inviting, maybe less organic. I listen for a few minutes and I’m done. Nothing else in my system has changed.
Sadly, I have no idea what older version I was using.

I must be doing something wrong, but I have 5 RoPieee devices on our network, and I can log into all of them individually. All are running v235-1, but none have the Devices tab in the web interface?

Maybe as an added feature, on the Devices page, in addition to providing the IP and version, how about including the operating temp? I have one running a DigiOne that seems to be running higher than others.

Many thanks.

This feature makes use of DNS-SD, which in turn uses multicast. Is there something in your infra preventing this?

I would imagine that implementing temperature to the list would introduce too much complexity (you would have to either log into each RoPieee, scrape the respective webpages, or create an API), and would slow the page down as well.

I created my own summary page for this reason, so I can know when to remove the sides of the PIs or change the physical orientation.

Harry: I have been googling DNS-SD and can’t see how in my network config this is available, but I will keep looking. Thanks for giving me something to chase on this.

Thx.

Is this something I will need to enable in my modem/router? Thx.

No. It should work, at least in the same subnet.

About including the temp: DNS-SD is not meant for information like that. It is meant for static information only.

Hmmm @Andrew_Callum,

I might be too quick with answering that. I’m used to a Asus where this ‘just works’, but googling it I see that there are routers where you specifically need to enable multicast (multicast is used by DNS-SD, hence it’s often named as MDNS as well).

So maybe you should check your router settings again.