Stable release 2019/06/14 (290)

For the record, mine is doing the same. I was just finding the time to burn another SD card (or wait for my Pi 4 to land) so wasn’t overly concerned. If you need feedback let me know.

Could you please look into this @spockfish, Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

For now I would just ignore this. This will be fixed in the next release.

Regards,

2 Likes

@spockfish
Hi Harry, no one has mentioned the reference to supporting native DSD on the Cyrus QXR!
Does this mean that roon can use the Cyrus QXR board through Ropieee? The Cyrus normally doesn’t play nicely with Roon. Just wondering if this will enable it to work together? Thanks

I’m not entirely sure what you mean with “doesn’t play nicely with Roon”.

It’s a USB bridge, and one of RoPieee’s users has one. AFAIK he’s using th QXR without any issues (through RoPieee I pressume) and I’ve created a patch to support native DSD.

Nothing more, nothing less :wink:

@spockfish But no Cyrus products are Roon Ready or Roon Tested. Roon core only sees my Cyrus dac/amplifier as an unidentified USB device and is locked into 16bit 44.1/48khz. I assume the user you refer to is using a HAT ? Though why do that when you have a $1000 QXR DAC? I’m confused but thank you for your reply

This has nothing to fo with being Roon Ready. This is about the USB interface being able to do native DSD when using RoPieee.

The Roon capable element is the Pi with Ropieee on it. Ropieee has been patched to be able to work to the QXR via USB so it is fully utilised. The QXR will still be ‘unrecognised’ in Roon because Cyrus have not entered it into the Roon Tested program. But because of the Ropieee patch you should be able to leverage its full capability. I hope that is a better explanation.