Stable release 2019/08/11 (328)

hmmm… can you reboot? what does the header show now?

Same. As fas as i have seen it’s only in the rebootscreen

ok, so right now the header just says ‘ropieee’. and not xl?

Yes /10char

1 Like

Ok, pushed out a small update (331). This adds a CPU revision for the Pi 4 that I hadn’t seen before.

This means that with this update @Robert_Watson should be able to enable wifi, but I think I saw at least another mentioning of this.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Close but I’m likely not doing something right.
I rebooted, got the update and rebooted again. The tab now appears for the Wireless (Thanks!!) and I checked the Enable box, committed and rebooted. When it came back up I went to the network tab. The drop-down for the available WiFi networks was there, but had nothing listed in it to choose from despite my having multiple networks in my home. So I did a shutdown/restart just for kicks but got the same results upon reboot. Nothing to choose in the WiFi network detection box. Where am I going wrong?
And just to get ahead of the game, I just sent this… f15359d5115a2368

This is weird…

I’ve reproduced this scenario again on one of my Pi 4’s and it just works.
On your unit the wireless drivers are not loaded.

Can you try something else?

• reboot
  • go to the network tab
  • disable wireless
  • save and commit
  • do not reboot!
  • go back to the network tab
  • enable wifi
  • save and commit
  • send me the feedback

Thanks!

All above done. Feedback 71b25957a7bd39d0

Maybe do a reflash with the current file?

hmmm. don’t know.

I see what’s going on, but I cannot explain it.

The driver is being recognized, but when the hardware needs to be initialized there’s some kind of timeout (I expect during loading the firmware for the driver) hence the interface does not show up.

Not sure what to do. A reflash can’t hurt, I’ll try to search further.

Wait!

Don’t reflash. I might have found something… I’ll push an update in a few minutes.

spockfish, I apologize. I am always the one that comes up with the “I’ve never seen this before” problems. Welcome to my world!

I’ll try the reflash.

Just FYI, when I first got the 4, I loaded the normal OS. The wireless worked so I know it isn’t a hardware problem.

No don’t do that. I’ll have an update in a few minutes. Let’s try that first!

@Robert_Watson just pushed the update. Can you try this?

Didn’t see you post and reflashed it. It likely picked-up you update in the process. I went to network and chose wireless and commited/saved but didn’t reboot. Went to network and the wifi dropdown was populated. YES! I chose mine and entered the password and committed/saved/rebooted. Looks like it’s working. I’ll see if roon can find it now.

I changed to another wifi network. comitted/saved. Powered it off and rebooted with the ethernet cable unplugged. It now is seen by Roon and works wirelessly. Are we having fun yet? LOL

1 Like

Harry, I’m using RPi 2 with RoPieee, playing DSD512 will have dropout sometimes maybe due to USB/Ethernet bandwidth limitation, So I’m wanting for official RoPieee RPi 4 support before I make a change, if I want to buy RPi 4 solely for Ropieee use, what’s the most cost effective model B should I pick? 1GB/2GB/4GB? Thank You for your advice!

for the migration from RPi2 to RPi4, just update to latest build on RPi 2 then insert into RPi 4 or need a fresh installation on RPi4?

The Pi 4 is officially supported :wink:

You need to install from fresh as the current SD you have won’t boot on the Pi4.
Wrt the model: RoPieee runs fine with 1GB.

Thanks

1 Like