Stable release 3.020 (2020/12/16)

That’s an issue that has been fixed.

Downgrading is not an option I’m afraid.
Can you send me the feedback so I can have a look?

Thanks

UPDATE from my issue:
I plugged in the device to HDMI to watch it boot. I am connecting using ethernet only, using a fresh flash of XL, latest build.

It does connect to network, and it syncs to NTP time server.
Then… it just sits.

Green LED is still blinking fast

I am in Seattle USA. Is there some kind of download or initialization that occurs on first boot? I know it took me over 20 mins to download the latest XZ image from the site - at less than 1mbps. If new images also download from that server, might be a long time waiting.

But it’s been initializing for over an hour now. Still just sitting on that screen. Interesting!

Will send feedback this evening, after work.

Harry the green light was blinking steady for a bit. Now it blinks one time every 3 seconds or so and then every five seconds the red light blinks. The device does not join the network. I have Fing and I can see all of my connected devices and the Pi is not listed.

Hmmm… that’s not good. The RED led should not blink. That usually still points to a power problem of any sort…

Can you try another power supply?

Thanks for pointing me in that direction. I had another supply on hand so I tried it out and now it’s working. I never expected the iFi power supply I was using could go bad but I guess it happens. Thanks for helping me figure it out. I guess I was not smelling smoke after all.

1 Like

Happy to hear you’re back online!

Sort of. I assumed it was okay because I could see it join the network but when I addressed it via it’s IP address it said the installation failed. I am trying another SD card now. I may have mixed them up trying various versions. I will let you know what happens.

1 Like

In general “installation failed” points to no internet connection during installation.

I am confused. If I can see it acquired an IP address and I can browse that IP address and get that warning doesn’t it have a connection?

It means that it had no internet connection during installation. So while it is possible that you can reach it yourself, it was not able to fetch necessary stuff during it’s installation.

Define installation please.

the moment you insert a freshly SD until the unit is running.

during that phase it still needs to download some stuff.

Okay I have tried three different power supplies and three different SD cards. I also tried two different ethernet cables. All the same result. I have to think that my RPI has gone bad somehow. I can see activity on the ethernet port but I can’t get past the installation failed message.

Is this a 3 or 4?

It’s a three. I just tried Diet Pi and it does not work either. The one thing I have not yet mentioned is that I am using it with an All Boss DAC 1.2. I am going to try and remove the DAC HAT and see if that solves anything.

1 Like

Can you try this image: https://image.ropieee.io/20201217-ropieee-ose_rpi234-beta.bin

Okay it has to be a bad RPI. I removed the HAT and now the red light stays on permanent. The board acquires an IP address but when I try and talk to the board via that IP address I get the installation failed message. I have tried everything I can think of to try. I ordered a new RPI 4 board yesterday. I will report back when it arrives.

1 Like

My two devices are acting WEIRD! I’ve grown tired of this.

Living Room - only ethernet works. Active interface: external (but doesn’t work and nothing plugged into USB. df90f4a35d39854b

Headphones - only ethernet works. Active interface: external (but nothing plugged into USB. Did say internal earlier, don’t know how it switches or what makes it switch) Sent feedback with it up and running, no wifi (onboard or USB works) - 89bb54bba4d797c4 (one says internal wifi used, one external but doesn’t connect).

I’ll look into access points, at this point. That update took the wind out of my sails!

Goodnight. No music tonight, either.

Both my usbridge and digione stopped working after the upgrade, one is wired the other is wireless. The rpis with display all upgraded well (all wireless)