Stack Audio Link II Device not Found

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac macOS Catalina 10.5.7
Roon 1.7 Build 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Dual-Band 802.11-AC Router
iMac on WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Router ->Stack Audio Link II USB -> Topping D90 DAC -> NAD C658
Router -> NAD C65/Bluesound
WiFi -> Bluesound Node 2i

Description Of Issue

I recently got the Stack Audio Link II. Roon recognized it with no problem. I changed preamps today, and now I can no longer see my Link II. It was playing moments before the change. I can see the Link II on my network but Roon no longer sees it. I can see my 2 Bluesound devices but not the Link II. I tried rebooting the Link and Roon but no change. Any suggestions.

I suggest you wait for a reply from @support and get ready to supply evidence of your active device to hopefully satisfy the developer status needed to get you back up.

Hi @Jack_Marlowe,

If you reboot the Link and your Core is there any change?

No. There is no change - as noted when the problem was described.

How many blue lights are showing. If you accidentally press the detox button it can prevent Roon from seeing the Link.

The detox button was and is off.

I got in touch with Stack Audio. They said to put the USB out power switch in the on (down) position. I did and it worked. Strange that it worked in the off position previously.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.