Start again with fresh library on ROCK: delete database on ROCK or Roon clients eg Mac?

Roon Core Machine

ROCK on Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i5BNH

Description of Issue

Hi all, I had a huge disordered library and have just pared it down significantly and moved it to a new location. I realise I can just remove the previous storage locations in Settings and point Roon to the new location, but would like to start completely fresh.

I’ve seen instructions to delete or rename with “old” suffix the “Database” folder, but this folder exists at smb://ROCK/Data/Roonserver/Database but also on the non-core machines like the Mac that I am working on now, at /Users/YOUR_USERNAME/Library/Roon/Database and on iOS devices I have Roon installed on.

What is the best way to do what I want? Thank you!

If you want to reset everything to Factory Default, so to speak. from the Nucleus Web Admin, which should be the same for ROCK.

• Reset all Settings / Databases - It is possible to reset all Nucleus settings, Roon settings, and your Roon database back to “factory defaults”. To do this, click Reset next to the Roon Database & Settings section.
  1. This will not make any changes to your internal storage.

Thanks for the suggestion, tried it and got the error below:

OK, looks like it has worked now, will see how it goes…

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.