Starting playback on your audio device. This may take moment

Suddenly stopped via Primare streamer with above message but continues fine via Hifiberry

Hi @Alastair_Romanes I associate the behaviour you describe with Chromecast endpoints. I notice that the Primare is both Roon ready and also supports Chromecast connectivity. Presumably connection via either is possible from Roon, which are you using?

A screen shot of the endpoint details and signal path might help, please.

Finally, is this a one off or consistent behaviour?

Thanks for the reply. I’m not using Chromecast, Roon endpoint only. However, the problem seems to have gone away for the moment. So, all good.

No problem, always worth checking and glad to hear you’ve got the music back.

I get the message frequently with a Cambridge Edge NQ dac/streamer/pre. It’s basically waking the device from standby in my case. Music always starts pretty quickly.

I’ve got this problem this morning and I’ve been waiting and waiting. And retrying and retrying. No music. I love Roon. Until I hate it. It has had moments like this or similar repeatedly that absolutely baffle me. Recently it was down for a month and suddenly started working again. I never know what magic wand to use to get it going.

My system has four Roon endpoints and I’m usually playing two. It’s been working reliably for the last two months. Suddenly this morning it has decided to stop. I have no idea what to do to kick start it. I feel more like kicking it when this happens.