Starting ROON shows There was an issue loading your database

Roon Core Machine

Synology NAS DS3612xs Roon V 1.6 (build 416) stable (64 bit) Tablet iPad Roon V 1.6 (build 438) stable (64 bit

Networking Gear & Setup Details

I’m using Roon via iPad to Synology NAS Core server connected to the Auralic Aries G1 via Ethernet then via USB to the Chord Qutest DAC. My Router is a Netgear D7800 fibre router

Connected Audio Devices

Auralic Aries G1 via USB into Chord Qutest DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

10000 plus tracks

Description of Issue

When I select ROON on my Apple device, I get “There was an issue loading your database”.

I cannot access a menu to do anything about this.

I have tried again today and I get the same message. I am now trying to use ROON Remote on my laptop to see if I can find out more information

Sorry, because I could not get anything on my iPad app, I have now updated my build information. I’m assuming that my iPad is running Roon Remote latest builld.

• What DSM version are you running on your NAS?
  • Do you use the latest (I guess still beta) RoonServer package for Synology downloadable from the project site.

As it seems you were away from the forum for a while: The server package changed because of changed Roon dependencies and there are issues currently for Roon running on NAS for specific setups.

So depending on how you setup Roon on your NAS and how current your RoonServer package is, your issue might be caused by outdated software or a (currently) non-working way of how you setup Roon on your NAS. Please read the latest threads about Roon on Synology to find out more.

If none of this applies to your setup then this means that your Roon database is corrupt.

1 Like

I’m not running the Synology Beta version, I’m using the current DSM installed Dec 2020,
My iPad table is v1.8 build 831.
I decided to restore from a backup of ROON database on my NAS and ROON has recovered now.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.