Static issue with 192/24 files on PS Audio Directstream Bridge II

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini: Mojave
Roon: 1.6 (build 401)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired Connection
Router: Linksys WRT1900AC

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

PS Audio Directstream DAC: Bridge II

Description Of Issue

Loud static sound when playing of 192/24 files end.

If i select and play a 192/24 album it will play through fine until the end of the last song. Roon will show Nothing Playing and a second or so later a loud static sound is heard.

If I select a single 192/24 song to play at the end the same static behavior as above.

If I cue up multiple 192/24 files from different albums they will all play flawlessly until the last song ends. Then the same static behavior as above.

If I cue up a 192/24 track followed by any other bit rate/DSD file there will be a static burst in-between the 192/24 track and the next. this happens with Roon radio as well.

This also doesn’t matter what the file format is. The same thing happens with FLAC, ALAC, AIFF…

I’ve done numerous testings and no other sample rates are having any issues…only 192/24 files.

Also, this behavior is only happening with Roon. The static does not occur when streaming these files with other applications.

1 Like

Hello @Tpauline,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue. I believe this might be due to the PS Audio firmware you have on the DAC, can you please take a look over this thread and let me know if it helps?

Thanks,
Noris

WOW! So far this seems to have fixed the issue.

Thank you so much!

T

Hi @Tpauline,

Happy to help! Hope you have a great continued Roon experience :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.