Static with Hidiz S9 Pro

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC with I7 cpu, 8GB memory, SSD, running latest version of ROCK.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Linksys WRT1900AC, ethernet connected. No VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Raspberry Pi 4B Wireless connected. With Ropieee Roon endpoint.

Number of Tracks in Library

No attached library streaming only Tidal

Description of Issue

I’m using a Hidiz S9 Pro headphone DAC USB attached to the wireless Pi 4B configured with Ropieee. I’m upsampling to 192 kHz. But the issue occurs on 44khz also. This is a new setup.

When I boot up the Pi in the morning and stream Tidal. There is a loud stream of continuous static overlaying the music. Seems to be more the right channel.

If I stop and the start the the stream three or four times, the static clears and the music plays perfectly for the duration of my listening session.

This issue is unique to the Hidiz, all my other ROON endpoints play perfectly.

The issue occurs on both MQA and non MQA files.

Screenshots of configuration attached.

@Graham_Miles1, your screenshots have not uploaded.

Have you tried an alternative cable? Or using Ethernet with the Pi? Maybe connect the DAC directly to the NUC to eliminate that from the problem.

I occasionally have a similar issue with my Hiby R6. (Same company as Hidiz)
Although in my case it only happens if I’m upsampling on a music app on the Hiby.
I don’t use the Hiby with Roon.

I can usually resolve this by using the back button to start the track again.

(Edit to partially delete as I confused the Hidiz as being a DAP not a DAC)

Hey @Graham_Miles1,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

As a next step, please test playing audio directly to your Hidiz S9 Pro headphone DAC, bypassing your Ropoieee, and let me know if your issue persists :+1:

I’ll be on standby for your reply

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.