Steps to Switch Roon Core from iMac to MacBook Pro with Qobuz (ref#53KR9B)

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Installation or Setup

Description of Issue

I want to switch my Room Core from one computer to another. I just use Qobuz. I have no local files. Please provide step by step instructions.

Roon Core Platform

macOS

Roon Core Specifications

Recent iMac to 2018 MacBook Pro

Connected Audio Devices

Chord Poly and Chord Mojo2

Home Network Details

Wifi

You don’t really need to switch anything. You can have multiple Roon servers (cores) with one Roon license. Just install Roon on your other computer and sign into your Roon account. You will have to authorize the new computer and unauthorize the old computer as part of the sign-in process. Then, go to Settings - Services and sign into your Qobuz account. All of your Qobuz favorites will automatically populate your Roon library on the new computer. Make sure you use your same Roon and Qobuz account name and password.

I forgot to mention, you probably want to back up your iMac and restore the backup to your MacBook Pro to bring in all of your history and any edits you have done to your metadata, etc.

This is documented in:

Hi @Alan_Klainbaum,

We wanted to check in as a few days have passed. Do you still need assistance with this issue? We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.