Still Having Problems

Jason,

you must be doing something wrong.
If your just created AIFF file works in Roon+HQPlayer, it must work in HQPlayer too. After all, it is HQPlayer playing back in both environments.
Use AIFF for now, not FLAC uncompressed.
When you place AIFF in HQPlayer, is the format recognized? In the top right box it must say “Format: 44.1/16/2”.
Do you have the 4 settings as I told you before?

Not doing nothing wrong.Just can not get Hqplayer on its own.Use to run Roon and Hqplayer with no issues on a Mac .Uses to use Hqplayer by itself.Cant explain it.The other day when you told me to remove XML file it worked for awhile then stopped.Tried removing XML again no luck.When I try to play Hqplayer on its own like I said before just get a window appears that says please wait while a green bar.I let it continue for 15 minutes bar was still there.No format is recognized.

With the XML file when I open properties under the general tab what should it say open with ?

If the format is not recognized in the way I told you, there is no point to start playback.

Does AIFF playback through Roon+HQP?
If you place the same AIFF file in HQP, is the format recognized? If it’s not, you are doing something wrong.
Where do you actually drag the AIFF file from?

Works fine with air through Roon and Hqplayer.Dragging the file from my my library which is located on a external drive

I am not sure I understood your answer.

Place your just ripped AIFF files in your Music folder and drag them into HQPlayer.
Be sure that you drag the actual file, not an entry from your library (that could be just an entry in your database only).
Your file browser must look something like this:

Okay that worked.Like I said new to windows.When I click on music there is a folder named Roon.Do I have to create a new folder called Hqplayer.Also I don’t no what I did but in Hqplayer window were there used to be areas one containing library other contains music being played .I some how collapsed part of the screen ? Missing the area where library is displayed ?

Didn’t change anything now not working again

I don’t think my hair can get any grayer.Remove Hqplayer XML file.Open Hqplayer song plays.Go into settings it is set to default driver is set to wasapi.Change the setting to Asio driver and my moon Dac.Hit play shows format album picture but will not play.Try to play another song now it does not show album picture or format.Like I said Roon and HQPLAYER work together just can’t get Hqplayer to work on its own.Beyond frustrated ?

I am sorry for your frustration.
It seems to me that you almost never put real files into HQPlayer playback windows or sometimes they are not supported formats.
If you want to use HQPlayer only, you either make a music library with HQP or use a file browser to drag files into HQP.
However, if Roon+HQP works for you and it’s problem free, why don’t you stick to that and avoid frustration?!

Had no issues when I used a Mac.Ran Roon with Hqplayer and ran Hqplayer by itself had no issues.