Still problems when changing formats

Still have problems when changing file format for playback after the 157 update, I get silence and a message saying “endpoint init failed”. It doesn’t matter if I start with 44/16 going to 48/24 or the other way around. No queue, just when I change manually.

Using Windows10, Grace m920 DAC via usb, dedicated PC, internal memory only

Sorry

Michael

Dont anyone else have this problem? Is it my set up?

cheers
Michael

Hi @Michael_Ydehag ---- My apologies for the troubles here. Thank you for providing us some details about your setup, that information is very useful when investigating issues :sunglasses:

1. Are you having this same issue when you play directly out of the internal speakers on the Windows10 machine?

2. Could you please provide screen grabs of your audio settings as seen in the examples below.

Thanks!
-Eric

Sure

@Michael_Ydehag ---- Thank you for the follow up and the provided screen grabs! Both are appreciated. Where able to confirm if this issue was still present when playing out of the internal speakers on the Windows machine?

Thanks!
-Eric

No the same problem occurs

@Michael_Ydehag ---- Thank you for the follow up and the screen grab. I may have not been clear enough with my question and my apologies for that.

I see in your most recent screen grab that your Grace m920 DAC is still set as your end point. I would like to see if we can trigger a change in behavior by playing out through the “system output”. Please temporarily disable your other zones and only leave “system output” enabled. I have provided examples below to highlight the request. I look forward to hearing about your findings. Once again, my apologies for not being more specific.

My PeachTree Listening Zone (Audio Tab):

How it appears in roon:

My system output (Audio Tab):

How it appears in roon:

I seem not to be able to trip it up when using system output :slight_smile:

Michael

Hi @Michael_Ydehag ---- Thank you for following up and confirming that bit of information! Very appreciated.

Now that we’ve confirmed that playback from the system output is successful I would like you test each zone, using the same method. Leave only one zone enabled (rest should be disabled) and see if the problem occurs, saving the m920 DAC for last.

Also, and I am sorry I didn’t ask this sooner :innocent: You mentioned in you first post:

“No queue, just when I change manually”.

Are you able to queue a group of files (different formats) up for playback and not run into this problem?

Thanks!
-Eric