Still slow searches

Yet again Roon search has slowed to a snails pace. Just searched for The XX 25 secs to return. Rolling Stones Same, repeated search same. This really has gone on too long. I reported this behaviour.along with many others since the end of January and yet its still happening. My old ticket has been closed to so cant continue on that one.

@support what is happening here my cores only been on since Monday.

08/15 19:38:39 Debug: [music/search/performance] backend search of performers took 20678ms
08/15 19:38:39 Debug: [music/search/performance] backend search of composers took 20679ms
08/15 19:38:39 Debug: [music/search/performance] backend search of albums took 20679ms
08/15 19:38:39 Debug: [music/search/performance] backend search of works took 20679ms
08/15 19:38:39 Debug: [music/search/performance] backend search of tracks took 20679ms

a reboot cleared it and its back to normal. I should not have to do this. It happens far too often.

1 Like
(Dylan Caudill) #4

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

We’re not having any search issues here when testing, and we weren’t having any server-side issues during that time. We’re going to take a closer look at your logs, thanks for the timestamps.

I can see we’ve spent some time looking into your search issues in the past as well, so can you confirm whether anything has changed in your network or setup? It might be interesting the next time this happens to not reboot the Core machine, but rather to restart networking gear, or just restart Roon (without restarting the entire machine).

No nothings changed for a while. I changed my router and main switch from router but I had problems before doing this. As a reboot of core seems to help I really can’t see my network gear is the issue and others have similar issues.

(Paul) #6

FTR. I’ve not had any search issues for 2-3 weeks, previously there were problems every day.