Stop playing at the end of current track / insert a “pause” at an arbitrarily-chosen point in the queue

+10,000! I have frequent need for this. Just want to finish listening to the current track before leaving my audio room.

It’s an interesting idea. I sure wish they would enhance the playback options like fade out and play to pause but I’m not holding my breath

It just did :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I would like to see a pause (as described above) integrated into Roon. My vision would be a button “Insert Pause” that would put a marker into the queue that would cause play to stop. But I don’t care if it’s done exactly that way!

Second choice would be an extension manager integrated into Roon, so the less technical user can install the extension so kindly provided.

+1 for this idea! I’d like a pause marker that could be placed anywhere in the queue + a “Pause after current track” button, just like in Foobar2000.

“Pause after current song” Pretty straightforward request.

I don’t like to pause songs in the middle (maybe I’m weird) so, if I need to leave my listening session, I have to watch the remote and “pause” at the right time. It would be better if I could hit “pause after this song” then put the remote down. Queue or radio would stop after the current song. I can then leave, come back, and hit “play” and Roon would start the next song.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Even if the pause had a Fade Down option so it doesn’t feel so much like you are rudely interrupting the performance

3 Likes

I like the idea. Makes good sense.

1 Like

Even relatively low-end music players, such as Media Monkey, have this feature. No reason the roon developers can’t figure out how to do this.

2 Likes

Good idea. I’d certainly use it. So that’s a +1 from me.

1 Like

It is also one of the functions I am missing, also know and like it from MediaMonkey. Now with the sleep function I hoped you could set it to a minute or so and it would then finish the song, but smallest interval is still 15 mins. So either reduce that, or add the pause after current please?

Just in case someone is not aware of this potential workaround:

I would like to see an option to “Pause the Queue after Current Track” available by clicking on the Now Playing track in the Queue.

Cheers,
Robert

There is a Roon extension called Queue Bot that does this and I regularly use it.

It certainly would be a nice addition to Roon directly.

.sjb

1 Like

@moderators how about we combine some if these threads seems we have at least four now making the same request.

3 Likes

Thank you @Sloop_John_B, I will look into that!

Cheers,
Robert

Done, thanks for the links.

Here´s something that might perhaps sound silly but that I really miss: Sometimes I am listening to music, want to come to an end but however do not want to brutally interrupt the song that´s currently playing. Show some respect to music…

So if there was a “Stop after current song” feature one might use this without eagerly waiting for the current song to end to then rush so push a Stop button before the next song starts to then again…

[Moderator edit, it is reasonable to assume the OP does not wish to clear the queue at this time.]

1 Like

I miss this also :+1:

Suggest you consolidate this with the existing feature request and remove your vote here and add it to that one so it might get more attention.

In the meantime there is a Roon extension called queue bit thar does this better than the alternatives here but not as well as the way your feature request would.

1 Like